Story The Battle For The Ashes Test 1- A Cricket 05 Story

Flintoff Rocks

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ENGLAND VS AUSTRALIA- ASHES- TEST 1- BRISBANE, GABBA

SESSION 1

by Julian Blake

NOTE: I am playing as England by the way :)

It is a lovely day at the GABBA. A pertfect dry pitch, fast outfield, and warm weather and sunny. As Vaughan and Ponting go out for the coin toss.

The coin flips!

"HEADS" says Vaughan.

It lands on Heads, Vaughan breathes a sigh of releif and chooses the only sane option and that is too bat.

Trescothick and Strauss come to the crease. Glenn McGrath starts his warm-ups. Then, the first ball of the game:

McGrath starts his run-up, the ball comes in on Off-Stump, Trescothick tries a forward defence, but he nicks it through 1st and 2nd slip and it runs away for 4, leaving Ponting and Warne dumbfounded. A lucky let-off.

Tje game moves on at a slow pace, and after 10 overs, the score is 0/32. With Trescothick looking a little shaky on 9. While Strauss was on an elegent 23

11 overs in, Brett Lee charges up to Trescothick, bowls a bouncer, Trescothick hooks it, and it smashes it away for 6. Clearly agitating Lee.

After 15 overs, the score is 0/57. It is then, when Shane Warne comes into the attack. His first ball is to Strauss. It is slow and flighted, Strauss comes down the wicket and misses it, Strauss gets his bat down as quickly as he can, but Gilchrist took the bails and Australia seem confident. It goes to the third umpire.
Decision is:

OUT!

Strauss was out stumped to Shane Warne for 38, and it was 1/57.

Vaughan comes out to the crease. Vaughan and Trescothick, decide to just hit easy singles and defend for a little while. However, 2 overs before lunch, Gillespie bowls a yorker leaving Vaughan bamboozled, and Vaughan is out bowled to Gillespie for 17. And the score is 2/90.

Kevin Pietersen comes out and hits 2 boundaries from 2 balls. off Gillespie.

SCORE AT LUNCH: 2/99

Trescothick: Not Out- 36
Strauss: St Gilchrist b Warne- 38
Vaughan: b Gillespie- 17
Pietersen: Not Out- 8

Batsman to Come:

Flintoff
Collingwood
Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Kabir Ali

I will write up the next session tommorow, seeing I won't have time to play it today.
I'm very nervous mind you :)

What do you think of my chances in this match? Do you think I have made the right choice of choosing Kabir Ali over Anderson?

Discuss :)

Looks good mate :)
What are you playing on PC or PS2?
If PC maybe some screenshots of the fours, wickets ect.
If PS2 use real life pics and put them into your updates :)

But great start so far with this :clap

Definitely some images would help, but this is a good start. I'll keep reading.

Kabir Ali in the side is interesting...is he a personal favourite of yours? I wouldn't have him anywhere near the Test side personally.

different selection and i would agree with what trev said

yeh, pictures would be nice :D

surely, if u hav Kabir Ali in the side, he wud bat above Hoggard and Harmison??????

Oh, OK. I'm playing it on PC, so I'll get some screenshots for you all from now on :)

Anyway, I have got Kabir Ali at number 11, in case of a collapse. He can defend and hit some valuable runs. As for it he is a personal favorite of mine... no, not really. I just think that he is better than Anderson

Right, I'm going to start my second session soon. I will include screenshots. :)

Good Luck for the story mate! I feel Plunkett can do more bettr than Kabir but lets see how he performs! Good experimentation! :)

I remember Ali being hit by some team, I think it was Sri Lanka.. His FC record is good, but he is like an English Hasan Raza

Well, I have played the second seesion and have the screenshots. But, I can't seem to upload the screenshots. Sadly, copy and paste doesn't seem to work here, and even though I have tried Imageshack, I can't seem to save the screenshots to "My Pictures".

So, can someone please tell me how to save a screenshot into "My Pictures" off Microsoft Word?

NOTE:My screenshots don't come until halfway through this session, because my first attempts at screenshots were failures. :)

DAY 1- SESSION 2

England walk out to bat with Trescothick on 36 and Pietersen on 8, and the score on 2/99. It is still a lovely pitch. They defend, and hit some singles against McGrath and Warne. However, at 2/111. McGrath bowls a bouncer hitting Pietersen square on the head, bringing him to the ground. Clearly shaken up by this, the next ball is a yorker, and Pietersen misjudges it and is clean bowled for 16. Flintoff goes to the the non-strikers end because that was the end of the over. Warne starts his over with a faster one, and Trescothick edges it to first slip, and he is out for 39.

(NOTE: SCREENSHOTS ARE INCLUDED FROM NOW :) )

In comes Paul Collingwood, and all of a sudden. After Collingwood hits a boundary, the score looks like this:

c20051dp7.jpg

After getting bogged down for a little while, Flintoff stamps some authority on the game hitting 2 sixes in a row.

c20052jq7.jpg

Collingwood joins the party with a couple of boundaries against Brett Lee.

c20054de1.jpg

At 4/147, disaster strikes again, as Paul Collingwood is given out LBW to Michael Clarke. A very dubious decision, to say the least.

c20056bb2.jpg

Then, the very next ball Flintoff is run out! And the score is 6/147. :crying

Jones and Giles battle for their 24 partnership, before Jones is out caught behind. And the score is 7/171.

Then, Glenn McGrath gets Giles, followed by Hoggard all in the same over.

Kabir Ali and Harmison knock a few runs before Harmison departs and the final score for England was 181 :(

c20058we4.jpg

Austrlia come out to bat very confidently, and Langer and Hayden start the innings well, making confident shots. However, 7 overs in and 27 runs on the board, Harmison bowls an aggresive bouncer to Hayden, which causes him to fall on his back.

c20059zk9.jpg

Some better delviries from Harmison and Hoggard keep the run-rate down. Before Harmison charges another bouncer, this time to Langer.

c200510md7.jpg

Kabir Ali comes into the attack and Langer attacks him, smashing his mediocre half volley delivery for 4. Then, Ali bowls a slower bouncer, completely bamboozling Langer. Langer hits it straight up in the air, and it is well pouched by Trescothick. Langer departs for 15. :happy

c200511hd1.jpg

Ponting comes in and hits some quick runs, and the score at tea for Australia is 1/58. :help

Yikes, I really do need a good evening session. Otherwise, this game could get ugly.

By the way, thanks "Surendar" for the link to the tutorial :)

Well, Australia came out to at confidently at 1/58 after tea. Well aware that England needed a good session, Vaughan stuck with Hoggard and Harmison, they got the run-rate down as it was starting to look respectble. Then, at 1/79, Ponting was caught plum in front to a lovely Ashley Giles slower ball. The score was now 2/79.

c200514ig1.jpg

Hayden, got his way to a really excellent and quick Half Century, it was looking as if he was going to be there overnight.

c200515rp2.jpg

Hayden was playing effortless strokes againsyt Kabir Ali and Flintoff. But then, the last over before the end of the day. Michael Vaughan brought himself on. He was hammered for 2 fours of 2 balls by Hayden, but then, Vaughan bowled a slower one, which got Hayden to come out of his crease. And then, Jones took the bails off AND THERE WAS A HUGE APPEAL FOR A STUMPING, it was referred to the the third umpire.

c200516uj7.jpg

Hayden looked as if he was safe. But, the red light was put up and Vaughan got a vital wicket right before the end of the day!!

At the end of the day, Australia are 3/116 in responce to England's 181.

Yay, we got a good session, back in the match! :)

Thats unlucky way of getting out for an well settled man!

But still lots of work to be done by both the teams i.e Game is in balance :)

nice presentation mate the work is good, as is the effort keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread