The Best Cricket Management Game On The Market

Is there a way I can download the 3.05 demo? I would still like to check it out. Unfortunately, I downloaded a previous version and hardly got any gametime on it as it kept crashing.. when I download the version it still says my trial has expired.

There's a special download coming out within the next few days for those who want to trial 3.05.

Is there a way I can download the 3.05 demo? I would still like to check it out. Unfortunately, I downloaded a previous version and hardly got any gametime on it as it kept crashing.. when I download the version it still says my trial has expired.

A trial version of the new update is going to be released soon. Oli is waiting on e-license I believe.

EDIT: Simon beat me to it, and he knows more than I do, so read his post :p

Ok, lets put this in perspective. On ICC06 the other day, which in my opinion is the best of the series, I was set 240 to win in one session on the final day of a County Championship game as Surrey. I managed to chase it down! 8 an over for a whole 2 hours on a final day pitch and I did it. Anything can happen in cricket, and these games portray that sense of surprise mixed in with the usual game scoring. I haven't seen any ridiculous scores so far in v3.05, and in fact they've all been realistic. I would definitely not say it's a batting friendly patch like I've seen said on the CC forum because I made 515, enforced the follow-on and then had 250 odd to win the game. I lost being bowled out for 170 odd and the pitch had deteriorated massively from the 1st day. So far my experiences with the new patch have been very good.

Yeah I know, it is possible, but this is happening to me every 2nd game!

By the way I have found a notable glitch that isn't so much to do with the high scores but I thought I'd point it out - Sreesanth bowling consecutive overs.
Sreesanth.jpg

I'm in the IPL now as Deccan and have started pumping aggression to see if I can still score unrealistically high.

I only just saw the the blazer post about me "spewing". Yeah, what I said does look stupid if you take it out of context like he did. Essentially what I meant to say it's a great game in every other facet, the statistics, the news reports, the records, the huge array of tournaments (and it being the only game with the IPL).

OK, thanks Simbazz and Treva. Sim, I saw your post about 3.05 in the Cricket Coach forums and when you posted a download link alongside it, so I was wondering if I would get trials or not.

Thanks anyway ;)

If you mean me? Then I'm 99% sure.

To check, please do this for me,

Go into your saved game, the save the game. Once its finished saving the box will come up asking "are you sure you wan't to quit." Please take a screen-shot of that screen and post it here, cheers.

v3.05.jpg

By the way, in the first game of the season (the IPL one I was playing) I managed to equal the world record Twenty20 score of all time, for the loss of just three wickets. Laxman got his century in 38 balls.

dajesmac added 12 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Holy hell, Lee got 91* off 42 in reply haha.

I have a question about the player editor, can we not change the name of players? I tried to change Andrew Symonds to a Jesse McLure (me) but it never saves. It worked when I changed Lee's bowling skill down and Johnsons and Hauritz's up.

Theres a slight problem with the editor which will be corrected in the next patch.

You're running .05, not sure why you're getting such scores because I've not got them, and Treva hasn't and no one has commented on them being massively high I don't believe.

Just make it so the game has an average of around 2 or 3 an over(depending how good the bowler is) and make the game more bowler friendly than cricket is right now. People rather a game where 220 is set in a test game than 720 in a day. So in trying to find that balance be more bowler friendly.

Its not as easy as that, but I see where you're coming from. The thing is, its rare that Jesse is getting these kind of scores because I'm certainly not!

Just make it so the game has an average of around 2 or 3 an over(depending how good the bowler is) and make the game more bowler friendly than cricket is right now. People rather a game where 220 is set in a test game than 720 in a day. So in trying to find that balance be more bowler friendly.

It was incredibly bowler friendly in the previous version. Wickets fell far too regularly.

Simon, you don't know how Oli went about fixing this problem do you? I haven't played v3.05 yet, but if high scores are around, perhaps all he has done is just bump up the run rate, without actually altering the problem of wickets falling at regular intervals. That way, the scores will be higher than in v3.04, but wickets will still fall. So the problem has been sorted in a way, but not in an ideal manner.

Just like to point out I know nothing about coding the game (or any game for that matter), hence why my question and theory is a complete stab in the dark.

Theres a slight problem with the editor which will be corrected in the next patch.

What problem's that?

Yeah wickets do still fall regularly. But even on normal players can still get hundreds at a strike rate of 130 in tests.

It's not that it's not bowler friendly, cause collapses are still common in the game.

dajesmac added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

What problem's that?

I have a question about the player editor, can we not change the name of players? I tried to change Andrew Symonds to a Jesse McLure (me) but it never saves. It worked when I changed Lee's bowling skill down and Johnsons and Hauritz's up.

It'd be referring to that

Users who are viewing this thread