The best underestimated indian seamer

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Who you think is the best seamer, who has been underrated or underestimated ?

1. VINAY KUMAR
2. ABHI MITHUN
3. PANKAJ SINGH
4. HS SHARAT
5. S TRIVEDI
6. ISHWAR PANDEY
7. J UNADKAT
8. MOHIT SHARMA
9. R DHAWAN
10. A DINDA
11. ANUREET SINGH
12. J BUMRAH​

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Calling our pacers a pacer/seamer/fast bowler itself is too much 'Overrated' except very few exceptions!

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Shami is the future, the next Zaheer. No matter how expensive he is but he is taking wickets and is the only bowler who has little bit control over his bowling. Atleast he is not bowling like Aron, superfart without accuracy. Only if Shami had little more accuracy, he could have been more economical.

----------

Calling our pacers a pacer/seamer/fast bowler itself is too much 'Overrated' except very few exceptions!

A good coach and fast tracks may solve this problem.

PokerAce

Banned
Who you think is the best seamer, who has been underrated or underestimated ?

1. VINAY KUMAR
2. ABHI MITHUN
3. PANKAJ SINGH
4. HS SHARAT
5. S TRIVEDI
6. ISHWAR PANDEY
7. J UNADKAT
8. MOHIT SHARMA
9. R DHAWAN
10. A DINDA
11. ANUREET SINGH
12. J BUMRAH​

Its pretty hard to underestimate Indian fast bowlers. While fast itself is a liberal term to describe them. What do you say of a nation which has prodced just 1 truly world class seamer in its very long history - Kapil Dev. Then after him one really has to scratch ones ahead. Zaheer Khan was not world class be any means, but he did a job and comes in second waaaay behind Kapil Dev. Then behind Zaheer there is Srinath who was pedestrian at best and the type that all nations produce in abundance and forget. After that you go into Prasad and Agarkar territory and really don't insult fast bowling by even considering them for this discussion.

So to say any Indian seamer is underrated, I would say hell no, they are all way over rated. Shami is a great example. Reverse swung the ball in a test match to get three wickets and suddenly he is the answer to India's bowling issues. WHat has he done since? Bhuvaneshwar Kr. I really liked, he had control swung the ball and always picked up early wickets, but even he has lost his touch.

I do look at Varun Aaron with some expectations, for he bowls at 140 plus. While that is not tearaway speed, but that is the min speed at which someone could be considered a pace bowler. He just about gets there. So India need to give him a long rope and let him do his stuff. Akhtar was no great swinger of the ball, but got wickets purely on Pace. Aaron will go for runs, because of his pace, but he needs to be given a long rope. Also who ever handles these things in India, he really needs to ensure his pace doesn't drop. There have been some Indian seamers over the years who came in at 135 area and then within a year dropped to 120. That should not be allowed to happen to Varun Aaron. He should play and be told his only job is to go for the speed gun. Runs conceded etc, all are secondary.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Aaron will go for runs, because of his pace, but he needs to be given a long rope.

if you see ,in recent times shami takes wickets with an economy of over 8 in odis.
so if we play arron and shami for 10 overs each,they would concede about 150-160 rus in 20overs. so in the remaining 30 obers if the opposition scores 150-200, then the target will be 300-350 !! hard to chase in present form

PokerAce

Banned
if you see ,in recent times shami takes wickets with an economy of over 8 in odis.
so if we play arron and shami for 10 overs each,they would concede about 150-160 rus in 20overs. so in the remaining 30 obers if the opposition scores 150-200, then the target will be 300-350 !! hard to chase in present form

350 a game would be difficult to chase on any form. The point about Shami I have already made above. He is over-rated. Shami needs to be able to cntrol the runs. Bhunashwar Kr. was invaluable when he picked up wickets early on. However with him having lost that touch and Shami not really a great wicket taker, Indian bowlling suffers. SHami seems to have the license to go for runs seraching for wickets.

That license needs to be given to be Aaron. Shami needs to keep the runs in check and Aaron needs to be given the license to go full out. What is the point in asking your fastest bowler to not to all out and instead look to keep batsmen in check. A total waste.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
350 a game would be difficult to chase on any form. The point about Shami I have already made above. He is over-rated. Shami needs to be able to cntrol the runs. Bhunashwar Kr. was invaluable when he picked up wickets early on. However with him having lost that touch and Shami not really a great wicket taker, Indian bowlling suffers. SHami seems to have the license to go for runs seraching for wickets.

That license needs to be given to be Aaron. Shami needs to keep the runs in check and Aaron needs to be given the license to go full out. What is the point in asking your fastest bowler to not to all out and instead look to keep batsmen in check. A total waste.

i think india should look for a new left arm seamer........
to maintain balance....just like new zealand has wagner

PokerAce

Banned
i think india should look for a new left arm seamer........
to maintain balance....just like new zealand has wagner

I was watching the U19 WC in UAE recently and there was an Indian bowler who really caught my eye. Well two to be honest. One was Monu Kr, a short, stocky bloke, didn't bowl fast but was deceptive and got the ball to skid on to the batsman.

However in the context of what you said, there was this bloke called Cheema Millind. He was left arm swing, and while he didn't have great pace, he looked good a line and length bowler and in the heat of UAE where one doesn't really expect much swing, got the ball a very good shape. Coming to the RH and leaving LH. India need to look to groom him early. Especially when options don't really exist.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
I was watching the U19 WC in UAE recently and there was an Indian bowler who really caught my eye. Well two to be honest. One was Monu Kr, a short, stocky bloke, didn't bowl fast but was deceptive and got the ball to skid on to the batsman.

However in the context of what you said, there was this bloke called Cheema Millind. He was left arm swing, and while he didn't have great pace, he looked good a line and length bowler and in the heat of UAE where one doesn't really expect much swing, got the ball a very good shape. Coming to the RH and leaving LH. India need to look to groom him early. Especially when options don't really exist.

but this stupid indian selection always goes behind CSK players

Users who are viewing this thread