The Competitive Exams 2010 Thread

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have got 13,977 AIR but thats of no use for me. I have already cleared VITEEE and it will be at higer priority than AIEEE colleges.

Also, I am planning to take drop this year because I want to clear IIT JEE which I wasn't able to clear this year.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
I have got 13,977 AIR but thats of no use for me. I have already cleared VITEEE and it will be at higer priority than AIEEE colleges.

Also, I am planning to take drop this year because I want to clear IIT JEE which I wasn't able to clear this year.

Best of luck to you.Here are some resources for you -

Make your Way to the IITs [www.iitdreams.tk]
IIT JEE : IIT-JEE Information & IIT-JEE Learning Material
Free Online Physics Lectures for IIT JEE
Physics. Geometry. Philosophy.: Reference Material for IIT-JEE
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-01-physics-i-classical-mechanics-fall-1999/
myEngg.com - View topic - IIT JEE toppers interviews and tips
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-02-electricity-and-magnetism-spring-2002/

Last edited:

sengupta

School Cricketer
Yes , I agree with Muchmore wholehartedly. Getting into a proper institution is very important

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd say that studying for yourself is most important but getting into a decent uni is very important. Of course because only a good college/institution can provide you the facilities/equipments/resources to let you excel in your job/career.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You know what? Actually, the most important of all the things is having moral values and ethics in oneself which no one teaches us. I remember what Dutchad said in one of my threads. Here -

Whatever education you partake in, it should be about developing yourself as a human being and your own unique talents and striving to achieve something should be recognized equally. Why should someone who achieves academically based grades and marks be thought of as being further or better than someone who is musical or socially talented or just damned kind? We need more kind people, not just more people with high grades......

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with Dutchad's quote there, very true.

But getting into a good university is really very important, everybody can't be Einstein to do research. Getting into a good university is the base of a successful career, you can't just drop out and study yourself and do whatever you like etc. It's not so simple, it just not so simple. everybody can't be Einstein who can drop a diploma for a university in Milan.

Like I'm studying science, but if I can't manage to sneak into a good university/college, then my all hard work will be gone. I'll find it very hard in the afterlife for a job. and If I will be able to crack AIIMS/IIT, then I'd be happy, things will pass smoothly, there'll be no pressure from parents, I might be able to do some research work at the same moment.

But for me and even every student it becomes necessary to get into a good university until unless your parents are billionaire/millionaire. Then money works.

Also Higher grades is what makes you stand as recognized uniquely( or above many other fellows), If you're good at music or sports, that's equally great.

Many of my fellows have already joined so called IIT coaching institutes but except 3, all of them failed chemistry/physics internals. but even If I have a problem I just go to them and for my surprise most of the time they are able to teach me that. So those students are also good though they might have some writing problems in selective questions..................... But those students are really a mine of knowledge, you just need to drag it out.

Last edited:

Varun

ICC Board Member
Actually I would say that getting into a good uni is necessary but still we shouldn't really flood IITs/engineering college with students who don't have any interest in Science/engineering but just want to be an engineer as it is a high-paying job.
If you are great dancer/singer/writer etc. or even have a deep interest in Science then why just crave for a single institution in whole India (IIT) and using ridiculous means (cramming/intense coaching/using guides) to qualify for that rather than understanding the concepts and testing our own knowledge.

Overall, the concept of "Education" in India is very very wrong.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
Actually I would say that getting into a good uni is necessary but still we shouldn't really flood IITs/engineering college with students who don't have any interest in Science/engineering but just want to be an engineer as it is a high-paying job.
If you are great dancer/singer/writer etc. or even have a deep interest in Science then why just crave for a single institution in whole India (IIT) and using ridiculous means (cramming/intense coaching/using guides) to qualify for that rather than understanding the concepts and testing our own knowledge.

Overall, the concept of "Education" in India is very very wrong.

Varun the concept is good but the way of studying is not correct it should be rectified and coming towards IIT its up to the student what he/she wants or not.It is his decision what to do.You cant change anybody's decision. :D:banana2:clap

Varun

ICC Board Member
Varun the concept is good

No it isn't. Most people/students view education only as a medium for getting a lucrative job.
it should be rectified and coming towards IIT its up to the student what he/she wants or not.It is his decision what to do.You cant change anybody's decision.

That's just what I said but in different manner.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
No it isn't. Most people/students view education only as a medium for getting a lucrative job.

That's just what I said but in different manner.
but what about them who take it as source of knowledge:banana2:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread