The cricket 2005 review

bestfriendh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys
I have played the game a lot since ydy and think i can give review of it as lots of ppl were asking for it.I m a newbie so i might exclude some points so plz letme know what i missed out.

The setup :- difficulty : medium(Normal)
system settings :1280 * 1024
forced lod :High
aa :4x

Batting : I would like to begin with the batting.For anyone who has played cricket 2004 batting wont come as a surprise.Having said that it has been revamped a bit but the controls and gameplay are just like cricket 2004.The shots look and play more realistically.Shot animations are just awesome.You would probably be upto the hard level just after playin a few matches.The confidence meter does nothing in my opinion.But still the batting looks good and is really Fun.

Bowling :This has been one of the surprises of cricket 2005.I just love the bowling in cricket 2005.First there IS swing and spin.I played in england and the ball was really swinging a lot.whew.
then every bowler has a repertoire of deliveries according to his stats.glen mcgrath has in swinger,out swinger,leg cutter,offcuteer...while agarkar has only out swinger,leg cutter.straight is there for everyone :).
Then comes the special delivery meter.every bowler has a special delivery meter which fills out if we bowl consistently or take a wicket or both.Once filled a few special deliveries are unlocked.Here are a few....for fast bowlers
yorker
bouncer
slower delivery
reverse swing
for spinners :
googly
flipper
zooter
full flight
doosra
teesra

its really fun bowling in this game.But the marker can be a bit difficult to getting used to.

graphics : They are the best part of cricket 2005.Amazing batsman and bowler cutscenes.Awesome shot animations.fielding animations are a lot better than cricket 2004.The catches and dives look authentic.The umpires are a lil funny though.But the lip movements adds a new dimension to the game.So as some say this game is a candy to the eye.I was running it on a 6600 gt and all settings full and was gettin around 60 FPS.

Commentory : This is one aspect of the game that is dissapointing.Its hardly been updated.All the same boring lines from cricket 2004.But the music is quite good.

Also i cant comment on the bugs as i played it only for a day and havent encountered many bugs.Just one bowling bug which i mentioned in my earler post.

conlcusion is that as evryone knows cricket games are far and few so i would suggest get the game as it is extremely playable and would be more with all the great patchmakers of planetcricket.org.long tours and all competetions are great and would occupy your time.ok guys This is my first review plz temme what i missed and how it could be better.thx seeya...:)

BF if I was you I would save my 1k for BLIC and I think from now on we will have more cricket games every year (EA UK Admin was talking about cricket 2006 & I am 100% sure there's gonna be Rugby 2006); anyways one of the many reasons why I wont be buying Cricket 2005 is the fielders, they keep gliding around the field; I mean in the demo sometimes the keeper glides infront of the batsman when I try to play a late cut; I respect everyone's opinion but for me watching the demo vid of BLIC is more satisfying than playing cricket 2005 demo.

By the way BF if you can play at 1600 x 1200 or 1280 x 1024 you dont need AA; but I know this game isnt very demanding as I have played the demo 1600 x 1200 4x AA.

Oh one more thing EA has improved the NBA engine even more cause checkout the screenshots of NBA live 06 here so I would imagine cricket 2006 is gonna be gorgeous if not exciting.

Last edited:
hi

aprofromindia said:
BF if I was you I would save my 1k for BLIC and I think from now on we will have more cricket games every year (EA UK Admin as talking about cricket 2006 & I am 100% sure there's gonna be Rugby 2006); anyways one of the many reasons why I wont be buying Cricket 2005 is the fielders, they keep gliding around the field; I mean in the demo sometimes the keeper glides infront of the batsman when I try to play a late cut; I respect everyone's opinion but for me watching the demo vid of BLIC is more satisfying than playing cricket 2005 demo.

absolutely rite.evryone has their own opinion...and i just love cricket games and cant miss any cricket games even if its from ea.all i am saying is though maybe not upto the blic standards its still a pretty good game and its good to know more cricket games coming soon...:)

Could you do a check for the line up bug please?

ie. Select a team that is different from the default, play a few overs, save the game, exit the game, then load your saved game and see if the team is as you selected?

Cheers.

hi

hey guys
i had done that with my custom player and when i loaded he was present anyways i will check again...:)

Cricket 2005 is BS! BLIC rulez! EA should just give up with their patheic attempts.

hi

hey guys i tested the line up bug and it is not there .I did what andrew told me to do and yeah the same team(not default) was there....seeya...:)

Good review.

I'm looking forward to getting my Xbox version next Friday and playing it until BLIC comes out.

I am looking forward to comparing the two :)

khan31 said:
Cricket 2005 is BS! BLIC rulez! EA should just give up with their patheic attempts.

Stop this b**l s**t ok! your post has nothing to comment on the review and this thread is not an EA game hate" thread! So keep ur nasty comments out! That guy (bestfriend) is trying to give us a detailed review of C'05 and his review sounds really good! I am considering revising my previous stance of not buying this game!

hi

hey guys
i just played a 20 over match with pakistan and wow was i surprised.....shahid afridi bats like afiridi and taufeeq like his real like for...i was india....afridi just went mad from ball 1 and made a quick fire 100 and i mean quick 30 balls or somethin......pakistan made 262 runs in 20 overs i could only manage 150 runs......seeya...:)

WOW!!! that sounds exactly like Afridi :):) im thinking of buying this game for my PC.. ahhh we'll see what happens by 1st of July !! does Afridi have his real face?

hi

E=MC said:
WOW!!! that sounds exactly like Afridi :):) im thinking of buying this game for my PC.. ahhh we'll see what happens by 1st of July !! does Afridi have his real face?

i couldnt quite recognize afridi so i dont think he has his real face.....in fact most of asian players dont have real faces.

Nice review bestfriendh, how much will you rate this game. Can you give like Game Sauce by awarding points out of 10 in:

Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Lifespan.

aprofromindia said:
Oh one more thing EA has improved the NBA engine even more cause checkout the screenshots of NBA live 06 here so I would imagine cricket 2006 is gonna be gorgeous if not exciting.
that has very little to do with the engine and more with the graphics card...they are using a top of the line graphics card when they demo out something..having said that you are right about cricket 2006 , itll get better every year..

Users who are viewing this thread