The cricket 2005 review

Bestfriend,Can you please post you computer spec so I can understand If it will run in my computer or not we might have the same specs.

Also let us know how is Ai in this game as how intelligently computer chases the target given by user.Besides,on which line cpu bowlers usually bowl.Can they bowl such deliveries which we miss altogather or you can say unplayable deliveries?

Finally,can we expect some thin edges in this game and is the bug of runout and bye has gone or still some remenants are left of these bugs?

Actually I have the demo and i was caught by wicketkeeper off edges one or two times when i tried to flick the ball from the off stump on the back foot off Symonds. I got out but it was bit satifying as far as the gameplay goes. Edges are good... but if the edges are caught by Wk then its more real. Also, the crowd now looks much better.

I think I have changed my mind and I will buy C2K5 over BLIC.

I have some questions for you bestfriendh if you can answer them when you have time:

1. I saw that the soundtrax are Madden style. In Madden you can add your own tracks (wmv, mp3, wav, ogm) in the music folder and you can listen to them while playing the game. Can this be done in C2K5 too?

2. Did you encounter the run out bug??

3. Did you encounter the rain bug (rain not stopping at all) in test matches?

Last edited:
zimrahil said:
However if I recall correctly, the line up bug only reared its ugly head when you start the 2nd innings of a first class game after saving and reloading?

Not sure if bestfriendh has tested this scenario ?

Can any of you lucky people who already have the game confirm whether the line up bug really has been fixed, as per zimrahil's post ? It really would be inexcusable if they haven't fixed it this time round...

Thanks.

Hi bestfriendh, thanks for the review.

I've got a few questions if you don't mind...

1. What's the crowd atmosphere like in ODIs and the Twenty20 cup?
2. How good are the totals posted by an opponent in Tests and ODIs if you autoplay the bowling? In C2004 they seemed a little too low for my liking especially in test matches, it was very rare opponents would get past 350.
3. Has the byes bug gone? (e.g. poor wicket keeping)
4. How easy is it to score a boundary on medium/hard mode (i.e. how good is the fielding?)
5. Any new stats for a single match? (graphs, economy rates, strike rates? etc.)
6. And finally can you please check the line up bug as mentioned above by zimrahil and GattbWarne4.

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I f i had enough money i'd buy both but considering i don't i'll have to make my descisions from reviews and the demo,so thank you for your review!I will take into account all that you have said!

Users who are viewing this thread