The Death of EA-Cricket2005

Six-Hit

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thats it folks I have officially given up on this lame excuse for a game. Thanks to all the people that have tried to AI patch the pathetic original code but I feel many patches goind round in circles. Whilst progress is made in one area another area isn't right. I feel its like trying to turn a robin reliant into a formula 1 car, it just ain't gonna happen. I've even cranked up my old computer to play ea cricket 2002 and I was gobsmacked. What a quality little game this was, the feel for cricket the shots you can make are just sublime. I ask anyone to go back and play this game again and you'll realise just how good it really was. What have they done to our game, its like Michael Jacksons face now 2005, totally distorted from the original and nothing like it should be.
What annoys me most about 2005, absolutley no feel to any of the shots, a 5-a-side size cricket pitch with overweight graphics and olympic quick fielders with a sniper rifle arm. Totally rubbish I just laugh and turn it off as its so pants. Just play 2002 again, you'll love square cutting a wide outside off-stump ball, and really enjoy the pull stroke which is damn near impossible on 2005. The range of shots on front and back foot is great, what on earth went wrong......................

I've got the cricket 2005 demo, and i see its pretty rubbish imo.

I have the full version of cricket 2002, and thats better becuase of less bugsss.

Im downloading BLIC demo as we speak, Ive just had it with ea 2005, its awful.

I agree with just about everything you've said. I've said before they had a good game in Cricket 2002 to work on but yet they managed to mess it up. The only thing I wasn't a fan of in Cricket 2002 was the bowling, or the lack of option's when you bowl. I've played 2002 more than 2004 and 2005 put together I suspect.

BLIC is a good game, but is restricted to internationals. (They could of added a tour match or something).

BLIC also needs to sort out spinners, they can't get catches to short leg, silly point or keeper.

Well, cricket 2002 was a good game, less bugs and after EA's last game...Cricket 2000, which was pathetic, 2002 was a good come back. The problem was lack of depth in the game and the gameplay.

2004 was a piece of S**t, i dont even wanna talk about it.

But, i believe, 2005 is a much improved version and if u look closely it is in a way gives u the feel of 2002 only. There are bugs in this which are minor and do not haper and game or gameplay tht much.

If can sort out the basic 2-3 problems like fielder speed and accuracy,etc. This game has very much the potential to become the best cricket game ever.

My ratings :

Cricket 2002 - ***1/2
Cricket 2004 - **
Cricket 2005 - ****

cricket 2002 was better in shots playing, and then came 2004 it was good but once u know how to hit advance shots then not any enjoyment in it, and cricket 2005 in first look u will feel its not a good one, fielders r so fast, wrong decisions etc., but still playing it cuz somehow its tough with patches to play as an online gameplay.

To be honest, I liked the test matches better in C2002 and ODIs in C2004 with all the patches. But all these reviews are making me think thrice before getting C2005.

C2004 is excellent for ODIs with the patches.

But the best game has to be C2000. Real classic. Beautiful strokes, the ball swinging about. Only problems where the AI and spinners. But still my fav. game by a mile :happy

ZoraxDoom said:
C2004 is excellent for ODIs with the patches.

But the best game has to be C2000. Real classic. Beautiful strokes, the ball swinging about. Only problems where the AI and spinners. But still my fav. game by a mile :happy

Cricket 2000? You sure? It was the same as CWC 99, which was poor at best imo.

i even dont think cricket 2000 is someone's choice, i havent got any thing good in that game. even brian lara cricket 99 was better then that.

Users who are viewing this thread