The Don

Michael Clarke will finish his carreer with an average of 100.

dont mark my words.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

What about "The Dom"

Dont forget The Dom. New South Welshman will know what I'm talking about.

Michael Clarke will finish his carreer with an average of 100.

dont mark my words.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

What about "The Dom"

Dont forget The Dom. New South Welshman will know what I'm talking about.

White text > small text anyday.

*Facepalm*
facepalm.jpeg

Some gems from Cricnfo. You'll probably have heard/read them, but if you haven't:

I can't verify the accuracy of this story but I've heard it told a few times so perhaps there is a grain of truth to it. Apparently when Bradman was asked to address the 1992 World Cup team, one of the young Australians (attributed toTom Moody) asked of him: "If you played against England today, do you still think you would have averaged 99?". Modest to a fault, Bradman replied "of course not. I'd be lucky to even average 50". Shocked by this, the same player stammered "but Sir, how can you say possibly say that? I mean, you were the greatest of all time and you don't think you'd average even 50 today? The English attack isn't that strong". The Don smiled gently and allegedly said "son, don't forget, I'm 83 years old now".

That's how good he was!

Jeff Thomson's comment posted on cricinfo: On a rest day during the Indian tour in 1977-78, Don Bradman was around in the nets. I was bowling only legspin to him, but he had a couple of young blokes trying to get him out. With no pads, no nothing ... for a 68-year-old, he belted the hell out of them on a turf wicket. And he hadn't batted for 20 years. I went back in and said, "Why isn't this ******* playing with us tomorrow?" That's how good I thought he was.

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/diffstrokes/archives/2008/08/the_don_takes_on_the_rest.php#more

Haha love reading stuff about the Don, I've seen the first one but first time I saw the second. Certainly would be interesting seeing how he would have gone back when that English question was asked.

Users who are viewing this thread