the fielding is tweaked

DeepMidWicket

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I love this game, by far the best cricket game ever. But I have 2 issues with it.

1. The fielding, I'm playing this now, and I am 2 down as I have been run out twice,both times played the ball into the deep set of for a run holding down the Sprint button and put the dive in, still didn't beat the fielder! It's either 4 or nothing I can't risk a run as the batsmen simply arnt fast enough to get to the other tweaking end.

2. Spin bowling is way to difficult to bad against. This may just be me. But I'll be fished if I can keep the ball along the ground if I can even hit the bloody thing, the timing is so finicky. I'm going at about a wicket per over.

This is my rant I'm only playing on amateur or pro, any suggestions to help with the spin issue are greatly appreciated, as for the rediculas run outs I hear there is a patch coming?

I love this game, by far the best cricket game ever. But I have 2 issues with it.

1. The fielding, I'm playing this now, and I am 2 down as I have been run out twice,both times played the ball into the deep set of for a run holding down the Sprint button and put the dive in, still didn't beat the fielder! It's either 4 or nothing I can't risk a run as the batsmen simply arnt fast enough to get to the other fishing end.

2. Spin bowling is way to difficult to bad against. This may just be me. But I'll be fished if I can keep the ball along the ground if I can even hit the bloody thing, the timing is so finicky. I'm going at about a wicket per over.

This is my rant I'm only playing on amateur or pro, any suggestions to help with the spin issue are greatly appreciated, as for the rediculas run outs I hear there is a patch coming?

There is a bug with the diving. So don't dive just run and slide in your bat.

Go to the nets and practice your timing on spin bowling. You have to play it very late.

Yeah I personally find spin easier to play than pace, timing is your issue. I remember when I first played the nets I struggled with it too

Is there a happy medium tho? I keep playing later and later untill I just get bowled with out really finding the sweet spot, just practice? And the bug? The players do dive dose the game just not register the dive?

Is there a happy medium tho? I keep playing later and later untill I just get bowled with out really finding the sweet spot, just practice? And the bug? The players do dive dose the game just not register the dive?

The problem is when the player stands up after the dive if I remember correctly.

the player after standing comes out of the crease and gets runout

The fielding HUD should really be added. Most of the time I am just hitting the shots on the left or right and just wishing they go in the gaps. The fielders are not much visible either. This will also solve much of the run out problems as well

The fielding HUD should really be added. Most of the time I am just hitting the shots on the left or right and just wishing they go in the gaps. The fielders are not much visible either. This will also solve much of the run out problems as well

yes this. playing square by the time the camera has moved so you can see if you have hit a gap its pretty much at the boundary, so its either 4 or 1

1. The fielding, I'm playing this now, and I am 2 down as I have been run out twice,both times played the ball into the deep set of for a run holding down the Sprint button and put the dive in, still didn't beat the fielder! It's either 4 or nothing I can't risk a run as the batsmen simply arnt fast enough to get to the other fishing end.

On running, be patient. Look and pick the gaps best you can. If there is no gap on offer, don't go too hard at the ball as you might catch a leading edge (or an edge) for a shot that'll probably be stopped in the in field. Wait until something is through the gap.

With spin bowling, I had similar issues. It's a lot easier to face when you wait as long as you can before playing a shot. Going too early will just put the ball into the air, unless that's your intention play as late as possible.

One thing to practice if you're feeling confident is the reverse sweep. Check that there's no one at point or cover, and if the ball is toward (but not entirely) on the off side a sweep can be a good one to get runs. A poorly timed one can give up an edge though, so be careful.

As a side point about spin. If the ball is pitching in front, go front foot. Going back foot with the ball coming at your legs is just asking for an LBW or bowled.

On running, be patient. Look and pick the gaps best you can. If there is no gap on offer, don't go too hard at the ball as you might catch a leading edge (or an edge) for a shot that'll probably be stopped in the in field. Wait until something is through the gap.

With spin bowling, I had similar issues. It's a lot easier to face when you wait as long as you can before playing a shot. Going too early will just put the ball into the air, unless that's your intention play as late as possible.

One thing to practice if you're feeling confident is the reverse sweep. Check that there's no one at point or cover, and if the ball is toward (but not entirely) on the off side a sweep can be a good one to get runs. A poorly timed one can give up an edge though, so be careful.

As a side point about spin. If the ball is pitching in front, go front foot. Going back foot with the ball coming at your legs is just asking for an LBW or bowled.

i do try and wait to see if i have hit a gap, but the camera is so slow to show me.

im yet to have a red/shorter ball bowled at me by the ai spin bowlers so im always on the front foot. do you use back foot for green balls?

i do try and wait to see if i have hit a gap, but the camera is so slow to show me.

im yet to have a red/shorter ball bowled at me by the ai spin bowlers so im always on the front foot. do you use back foot for green balls?

Try the "Fielding 1" cam for running between wickets

I think Big Ant mentioned the fielding issues at one point and there is a patch coming out in the future I believe.

I set the camera to one of the fielding ones so once the shot is taken I get a clear picture of what is happening.

I've actually ignored the colour of the ball and just go on what it looks like. Back foot shots are quite effective for waist height balls.

For those experiencing bizarre run-outs, my advice is to set the running cam to 'broadcast'. It may look a little ugly, but you'll never run-out because you couldn't see the fielder who would just jump into your screen out of nowhere.

For me, playing spin seems a bit easier when compared to facing pace balling - because of the delayed reaction time it requires. For me, pace bowling requires you to be very quick and instant in your reaction - which I lack at this stage of the game.

The tip for playing spin-ball is to stay on your front foot. Spinners rarely bowl a short ball (the one with the red circle). So staying on front-foot will eradicate the need to change your foot position (mostly).

Secondly, if you see a good length ball that you expect to bounce and come at you above knee height, it is not wise to drive that ball towards mid-off, mid-on or towards the bowler. Because you will get too much under the ball and just pop it up for a simple catch. For balls that are too full, you can go towards extra cover, mid-off, mid-on, because there won't be much room to go too much under the ball. Secondly, play the shot as late as you can. Furthermore, don't play powerful shots early in your innings, or you'll nick the ball either to the keeper or into your stumps.

Lastly, don't play the square cut at all. 80% of the time you'll nick the ball to the keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread