The forgotten...

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
For a non-WI player, I think Dimitri Mascarenhas was a bit of an underrated England player. He had to contend with Collingwood and Flintoff, and...oh God, at times Bopara...he never got himself settled into a good English squad despite being more than capable.

Dimitri-Mascarenhas-of-England.jpg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
upload_2020-10-18_21-50-26.jpeg

Tinu Yohanan, post Srinath era, looked promising but did not get chance in the Indian side. Remember his bowling against England, was very young but was impressed as he was tall and got the openers out!

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
For a non-WI player, I think Dimitri Mascarenhas was a bit of an underrated England player. He had to contend with Collingwood and Flintoff, and...oh God, at times Bopara...he never got himself settled into a good English squad despite being more than capable.

Never forgotten to an Indian fan, as he hit 5 sixes in the last over against Yuvraj in an ODI

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
:nzf: Jesse Ryder :nzf:

Master.jpg

The forgotten smiling star of New Zealand cricket. His presence in the New Zealand side was horrible for the oppositions. Jesse was the ultimate game changer for his sides. He was one of my favorite player. It's sad that everybody forgot him. Ryder played only 48 ODI & 18 Test for New Zealand. Ryder was one of New Zealand's best batsman against spin bowling. In 2009, he got his maiden double test ton against India. In that series, his average was 56.25. He was a good medium pacer also. He was a nightmare for bowlers. Ryder didn't get any support from New Zealand board & cricket fans. Everybody gave advice on Ryder's Mental Health. But, when he needed the most, everyone neglected him & he faded away from International Cricket. In the year 2014, his wasn't picked for IPL & New Zealand. That's the sudden end of his exciting career.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Jesse Ryder

Master.jpg

The forgotten smiling star of New Zealand. His presence in the New Zealand side was horrible for the opposition. Jesse was the ultimate game changer for his sides. He was one of my favorite player. It's sad that everybody forgot him. Ryder played only 48 ODI & 18 Test for New Zealand. Ryder was one of New Zealand's best batsman against spin bowling. In 2009, he got his maiden double test ton against India. In that series, his average was 56.25. He was a good medium pacer also. He was a nightmare for bowlers. Ryder didn't get any support from New Zealand board & cricket fans. Everybody gave advice on Ryder's Mental Health. But, when he needed the most, everyone neglected him & he faded away from International Cricket. In the year 2014, his wasn't picked for IPL & New Zealand. That's the sudden end of his exciting career.
no one neglected him, his form deteriorated, he was playing in domestic circuit till 2017-18
plus there were more promising openers upcoming at the same time

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
:nzf: Jesse Ryder :nzf:

Master.jpg

The forgotten smiling star of New Zealand cricket. His presence in the New Zealand side was horrible for the oppositions. Jesse was the ultimate game changer for his sides. He was one of my favorite player. It's sad that everybody forgot him. Ryder played only 48 ODI & 18 Test for New Zealand. Ryder was one of New Zealand's best batsman against spin bowling. In 2009, he got his maiden double test ton against India. In that series, his average was 56.25. He was a good medium pacer also. He was a nightmare for bowlers. Ryder didn't get any support from New Zealand board & cricket fans. Everybody gave advice on Ryder's Mental Health. But, when he needed the most, everyone neglected him & he faded away from International Cricket. In the year 2014, his wasn't picked for IPL & New Zealand. That's the sudden end of his exciting career.
For some unknown reason I was influenced by him if you know what I mean.
I think it's a well known fact Ryder was his own worst enemy. He didn't look after him and his behavior was not upto the standard of where he could push himself to develop further which he definitely had the potential for.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
For some unknown reason I was influenced by him if you know what I mean.
I think it's a well known fact Ryder was his own worst enemy. He didn't look after him and his behavior was not upto the standard of where he could push himself to develop further which he definitely had the potential for.

It's really sad. His mind is his main enemy. I think, many people will learn from Ryder.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I think,

1. Jadeja controversy.
2. Commentary deal with Nautilus Mobile for Real Cricket 20 without informing BCCI.

These two are the main reasons behind his ban.
Spat with Harsha Bhogale on air

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rusi Modi played only ten tests for India at a time when he arguably could have played a bit more despite the side boasting the likes of Mankad, Hazare and Umrigar. Another to add to the list is Madhav Apte, who made his debut in Modi's final match and only played seven tests after that. India tried plenty of openers once he was dropped including players who were not accustomed to it but Apte was never brought back. Given that both averaged in the 45-50 range, one can say that they should feel a bit aggrieved.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
lara-was-the-best-player-i-bowled-to-narrowly-ahead-of-tendulkar-miller.jpg

Colin Miller is usually remembered for only one thing - trundling in with bright blue hair and making Courtney Walsh collapse with laughter.

What is forgotten is that he was an elite Test cricketer who debuted at the ripe old age of 34. He was a skilled seam bowler who could swing the ball both ways; good enough to snick off New Zealand captain Stephen Fleming with the first ball he bowled at him.

But he was also a top-class spinner when he decided to do more with it than just mess around in the nets. And how good of a spinner was he? Well, in 2001 he won the Australian Test Player of the Year award, ahead of two of the game's great spinners in Stuart MacGill and Shane Warne. Unfortunately for Miller, his late selection meant that he was not destined for a long Test career. His VARP of :up: 29.08% is impressive enough, but all the more so when you consider that the most prolific spinners he played alongside were Warne, Murali, MacGill, Harbhajan and Vettori - the latter three of whom each put in career-best performances in Tests that involved Miller.

Users who are viewing this thread