The Hundred

The Hundred is...

• Potentially problematic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may have destroyed most of the cricket season but what it does well, it does very well.
I agree.

I will die on the hill that the Blast could have been just as big and just as good if they'd thrown the same marketing budget at it, but I'll certainly recognise that it is a good thing that tens of thousands of people are going to the cricket every night.

It still makes me chuckle though that the Hundred was meant to be simple and accessible for new fans, yet you regularly have commentators saying things like "that's the second six this five!"

I agree.

I will die on the hill that the Blast could have been just as big and just as good if they'd thrown the same marketing budget at it, but I'll certainly recognise that it is a good thing that tens of thousands of people are going to the cricket every night.

It still makes me chuckle though that the Hundred was meant to be simple and accessible for new fans, yet you regularly have commentators saying things like "that's the second six this five!"
I do think they could've attempted something with the Blast to upscale it with all the money they pumped into this. Maybe a month long division one. However, that would not have elevated the women's game in the same way. That's probably been the biggest success and is an integral part of the appeal IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread