The official blockerdave review...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For the first time last night I scored a drive past the bowler to the fence - never been able to do that before in DB14 so there is lots of promise there.

Oh yeah the straight drives against pacers are awesome in this game... too bad you can't drive past the spinners though as they will stop everything.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That bowlers stopping deliveries was a major flaw in '14 ...surprised to hear its back again, after it was comprehensively patched out. The gameplay I've seen has the bowler animations mostly moving off the pitch away from straight drives? Sounds like tolerances need to be turned way down like Blocker has suggested.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That bowlers stopping deliveries was a major flaw in '14 ...surprised to hear its back again, after it was comprehensively patched out. The gameplay I've seen has the bowler animations mostly moving off the pitch away from straight drives? Sounds like tolerances need to be turned way down like Blocker has suggested.

It's only against the spinners... they stop almost everything hit in the V. But nailing a straight drive against pacers and watching it race to the boundary is a pleasure.

mattk

Associate Cricketer
The most frustrating shot the AI plays is when they advance down the ground and then cut a full leg side delivery for 6.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
The shot described above was there in Ashes cricket 2009 as well. It was very frustrating to see such an anomaly.

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@quincy159 you're back!! welcome back mate. I don't know if you've been trying the logo creator, but the world needs retro bats :)

I'm trying my hand at a st peter, but can't get the font.

I am about to upload my 1990's Bat Pack with no less than 24 bats of the era.

I have a St Peter bat on my page if you want to use the font from that? It's an early work, I'm sure you can improve on it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am about to upload my 1990's Bat Pack with no less than 24 bats of the era.

I have a St Peter bat on my page if you want to use the font from that? It's an early work, I'm sure you can improve on it.

Yeah it's your DBC14 St Peter I've been trying to replicate for 17!

Can't wait to see the 90s bats!

quincy159

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah it's your DBC14 St Peter I've been trying to replicate for 17!

Can't wait to see the 90s bats!

Ok, is there much difference to modding in DBC 17? I haven't even looked at it yet.

To be honest, I've been unwell for most of the year so DBC has been completely off my radar.

I did read you review on DBC17 though and will hold off until the critical bugs are ironed out. Besides, I think there is still plenty of room for DBC14 to have modding support.

I am happy for you to use my 1990's pack to use as the base to make a mod for DBC17, if you wish.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok, is there much difference to modding in DBC 17? I haven't even looked at it yet.

To be honest, I've been unwell for most of the year so DBC has been completely off my radar.

I did read you review on DBC17 though and will hold off until the critical bugs are ironed out. Besides, I think there is still plenty of room for DBC14 to have modding support.

I am happy for you to use my 1990's pack to use as the base to make a mod for DBC17, if you wish.

Thanks. I'll see what I can rustle up :) they are vastly different as in 17 you have to use an in-game editor. Some guys have come up with great work but it's a bit beyond my skills. I'm at the import an svg and see how it goes stage. Is it too cheeky to ask for any source images?

Really sorry to hear you've been unwell and hope you're over the worst now.

If you're sticking with DBC14 a while be sure to check out the Franco mod which has revolutionised gameplay from the bowling perspective.

Do you know what fonts you used for the St Peter? I've got the SP fine but the other bits I'm struggling

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Damn .

Would it then be theoretically possible to transfer them from there to the DBC17 Academy and then upload again ?

pretty sure they'd need to be created again from scratch. depends really how the source images are created. iirc correctly from previous discussions @quincy159 used GIMP. if so it may be possible to get some at least imported as SVGs and work from there.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Geez , all a bit hazy for this Civil Engineer ....

I`ll hang back and wait for someone to do that interesting bit .

Thanks for the try though !

Users who are viewing this thread