The Official Lancashire C.C Thread

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right...

This is where we can discuss all players and tactics for Lancashire. Well, I'll start off:

1)Who do you guys reckon is Lanc's most reliable batsman?
2)Who is Lanc's most devastating bowler?
3)What overseas player would best compliment the team?

I'd have to say:

1) Brad Hodge. Has done fantastic for me as an opener. Have renewed his contract every time and has now twice in a row been the highest scorer of the season for me. Can be devastating in the OD form of the game.
2) Jimmy Anderson. Not always reliable, but when on form he can completely tear apart batting line-ups in both forms of the game. Has the ability to constantly pick up 5fers. Always my No.1 man to open the bowling.
3) Shahid Afridi. Simply put- A freak of nature. On his day he can destroy world-class bowling attacks and bring down world-class batsmen with his aggressive bowling. Expensive he may be, but a valuable asset to the Lancs XI. Is very versatile as he can bat anywhere in the innings, and can either go for wickets or keep the runrate down with his bowling.

Last edited:
1) Toss up between Loye and Law; Both mammoths in terms of run-scoring whenever i've played them.

2) I'd give it to Anderson but he's always on duty so i'll give it to Gary Keedy; He always takes wickets for me.

3)Sehwag; Averaged over 100 in the CC in two seasons for me. I don't think that needs any elaboration. I've signed Umar Gul before and he took 60+ wickets in his first season so that's special as well.

evertonfan said:
1) Toss up between Loye and Law; Both mammoths in terms of run-scoring whenever i've played them.

2) I'd give it to Anderson but he's always on duty so i'll give it to Gary Keedy; He always takes wickets for me.

3)Sehwag; Averaged over 100 in the CC in two seasons for me. I don't think that needs any elaboration. I've signed Umar Gul before and he took 60+ wickets in his first season so that's special as well.
Ah, I see. Nice, nice. Interesting to note that Anderson always gets called up in your game; he is rarely selected for England in mine- Despite being one of the best bowlers on the county circuit!

Sajid Mahmood can also mature into a fine bowler. Just had him take 7-14 in a OD match where I won by a massive 250 run margin!

Nice work. AB De Villiers is a greart bargain as well; Give him the gloves and use him as an opener and he'll blast runs all the time.

1. Ive got to say that for me the most consitant batsmen is probably Jacob Oram, i unfortunatly got rid of Brad Hodge due to late season failures, and i thought it would be good to bring in another Allrounder to replace Fred when hes way, and Oram is consitantly making 50's and making 100's when it matters the most. His ability to bat with the tail is amazing, and ive had Doshi, Anderson and Tom Smith get 40-50 runs when it matters, once in the same match :eek: If we have to say English or already at Lancashire i would have to say Mal Loye was my most successful but due to me being in 2014 his form is starting to drop and he is getting out very cheaply. As a batsmen i like Defries, he is a great opening batsmen and is a real assit in OD games where he smacked 100 off 40 balls last time i was on it, very dodgy in the 20/20 format, but i replace him for Sutcliffe :) A player called Malkin is starting to get very consitant and has scored 4 centuries in 4 games!

2. Best overall bowler for me has to be Nayan Doshi, always looks like picking up a wicket on any surface, and is a valuable number 8. The bowler for the moment is Tom Smith, his medium pace does get smacked around but when the ball is 20-40 overs old, he is leathel, given the conditions. Be warned, he has his matches where he can get smacked for 110/0, ive dropped him for a few games and he always comes back roaring.

3. Best overseas player i have had was Brett Lee, consitantly taking wickets and is a mean number 8 on his day. Also Gilchrist is very versitile and is a decnet player. I had Ricky Ponting for a season, although he made a few big uns' he didnt proform to his international standard.

1. Simon Marshall is devastating for me as an opener, averages 65 ish
2. Mahmood is awesome, definately a great bowler.
3. Sangakkara or Haddin.

Simon Marshall is a great young prospect at the start of the game. Very aggressive and stylish!

1. Simon Marshall, without a doubt for me. I lost a few openers through injury and promoted him, now he's undroppable. He's hit a few hundreds for me and made the test squad on occasions. I'd like to add Owais Shah, I signed him and is now undroppable to England let alone for us.

2. An on song Jimmy Anderson, he took 56 wickets in the first 7 county championship games, and 103 in all games at the same point.

3. Adam Gilchrist, opens the innings, very destructive as I let him cut loose from the first ball. Scores numerous hundreds at a strike rate of 100+

ive only just started playing with lancs and my picks are

1. for me it was Marcus North, consistent performer batting at 3, 4 or 5

2. i'd have to say Cork, he always comes in 1sr change and settles things down abit if they're a bit crazy, and if the match is in lancs hands he often picks up quicks wickets

3. Brad Hodge is good but is always unavailable at the start of the season, im only up to the third championship match of the 07 season and still havent got him back, but in season 06 he was one of the best, also chips in well with his part time offies

i play on ICC 2005 and had only got to towards the end of 2006 when i stopped playing the file - no particular reason, the team was doing well :rolleyes:

1. Loye or Shane Watson - he's an absloute gun or ICC 2005

2. Anderson - always gets wickets

3. Warne or Watson - world-class spin improves any side and Wato scored heavily and backed up the pace attack

Users who are viewing this thread