The Planet Cricket Battrick Shield V3

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why are we making another Shield? Don't you guys want to join the main championships???

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I think thats where the confusion lies, Griffo didn't want the merger, but now it seems he's organising another tournament. Off-site and possibly other teams too, so in essence not a new Shield like WC wants to make.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
I dont want to be in the main championship because it is run unfairly to new teams and I want to be apart of a big competition so I decided to run my own. Im not going to be able to run a big competition on PC.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Im joining Griffo's thing. Only because its going to be great. Just wish he kept it PC orientated so we dont lose teams like Raider's, Gamerkid's XI and so on...

handsome

International Coach
Confusion

There's three options

1. Shield V4 (which is not yet on it's way/ No official confirmation)
2. Championship ( Not intresting/Not enjoying good activeness)
3. griffo's....without the base of a forum it's going to be difficult and i guess there' no option

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Look, by joining the Championship you former Shield teams will bring activity, these will please everyone endlessly. The only reason why the Championship is 'inactive' (its only really inactive posting on the forum wise) is because it is such a big competition imho. The Shield is rather smaller and easier to organise. With all due respect, what you guys choose to do is in your hands.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Confusion

There's three options

1. Shield V4 (which is not yet on it's way/ No official confirmation)
2. Championship ( Not intresting/Not enjoying good activeness)
3. griffo's....without the base of a forum it's going to be difficult and i guess there' no option
the championship is interesting, the difference is it doesn't confine all it's discussion to 1 thread it uses commentary and the sledging thread for most discussions on it. It's only in the past couple of weeks that challenges have failed to be made.The whole point of this was t keep all these sides active until they could join the proper thing, I appreciate you might not like the current format but I think this is only in place until this one finishes and the idea of it was too wait for your sides to be able to join, yet it seems 99% of sides in here are completely set against the idea with no real basis for it. The point is if all your sidesjoined up and like sensible people we were all in 1 competition it would be a lot more active and fun. If it went back to the old format with leagues and divisons you'd still end up playing the same sides all over again.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Shield 4!!!!

Look, the Championship has a good concept and is run by good people, but its mainly for the more experienced users. Some of the Shield teams, including I, aren't all that interested in losing friendlies every week... Your going to say, well if you don't play top teams then how are you going to improve? Blah Blah Blah. Well, I would rather have a "friendly" competition against just a few teams from about my level so its competitive and fun at the same time.

Griffo, I don't think you should have your competition off-forum, I seriously think it won't work and will die. I have thought about it and all the teams your including in it. I am more interested in a smaller competition run on the PC forums. If the problem is no-one to run it, then I would if we had enough teams to once again make a Shield. WC,Gamer,Zorax,Voldy is a good start.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
The reason I want to run another comp is not because I dont like the shield its because im not capable of expanding

NOW! PLEASE TELL ME THIS, EITHER SPIN OR BRIGGSEY! IM SICK OF CHASING YOU

Do you want to merge or not... because ive recruited a few teams who want to be in a friendly comp and are of your competitions strength. Hell there is a battrick team on PC with a story "Java Kings" who isnt in either competition the shield or the championship.

YES OR NO!

If no i will run the shield and expand it, if yes we will merge and expand together. I dont think you are wanting a bigger competition but the shield teams are craving it

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I think the best idea is to go back the league, that way effectively your all still playing each other, the best sides from this tournament will get promoted though and get a chance against some other quality sides. The crrent championships not getting much activity and the seems to be treated as a bit of a gap filler, I think it would be brilliant if we got all the teams of PC together like they should be, even if only the rubish sides play the rubbish ones and the good ones pla the good ones. Basically last years competition with an extra divison makes the most sense. The spin and Briggs will probably be back sometime soon its just its xmas!

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Foxy I love ya but its not

Ive chased them for MONTHS!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I think the best idea is to go back the league, that way effectively your all still playing each other, the best sides from this tournament will get promoted though and get a chance against some other quality sides. The crrent championships not getting much activity and the seems to be treated as a bit of a gap filler, I think it would be brilliant if we got all the teams of PC together like they should be, even if only the rubish sides play the rubbish ones and the good ones pla the good ones. Basically last years competition with an extra divison makes the most sense. The spin and Briggs will probably be back sometime soon its just its xmas!

Thats all I want...

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Thats all I want as well... I dont care if i dont run it

Users who are viewing this thread