The Planetcricket Battrick Shield Final

Who will win the final?

• Old Wulfs

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Pakistani Pingers

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10 wicket win for me in the league today, nice warm up for sunday. The player I rested has got his fitness up to fair, a lot lower than I'd like but nothing I can do about that.

I lost by 6 wickets to the league leaders today, but they have a really good team. My spinner is in great form, took 2 for 10 today off 5 overs, averaging 18 this season. Fitness levels for me are almost all sublime or energetic.

So this is the big day the final of Shield. Looking forward to it should be a good match.
And one question will PC Battrick championship will start from next week?

zainawan89 said:
So this is the big day the final of Shield. Looking forward to it should be a good match.
And one question will PC Battrick championship will start from next week?

Presumably, seeing as the Shield will be finished today...

Yes, the championship starts next week.

Does commentary from the final belong here or in the commentary thread?

End of Over 1: 3-1, runrate=3.00
Otto 1-0-3-1
Sheikh* 3 (4 balls)
Raza 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Lakhani c. Zafarullah b. Otto 0 (FOW: 3/1)

0.6 W Otto to Lakhani
Big appeal from Zafarullah....and he's out! Well, Lakhani has tried to flay that through the off side, but it's just taken the faintest of edges and he's on his way!

Good start for me.

Watching this,good luck to both teams,but doesnt the commentary auto update?Its been on 1 over for a while now.

EDIT:There goes another wicket.

Last edited:
1.1 W Fieldwick to Sheikh
Zafarullah claims the catch. The umpire takes his time making the decision but finally the finger goes up. Fieldwick is jubilant.

End of Over 2: 6-2, runrate=3.00
Fieldwick 1-0-3-1
Saich* 2 (3 balls)
Raza 1 (2 balls)

Yes, the commentary updates every 2 minutes, there will be countdown at the bottom of your screen.

Yep, post the commentary here like they did with the League Final. Also, yes, the championship begins next week!

FreddieFan said:
Yes, the commentary updates every 2 minutes, there will be countdown at the bottom of your screen.

I see no such countdown.Is this in the BT Multiview or some other place?

There, for me. If you're using FireFox instead of IE it might be different. I don't kno.

End of Over 7: 29-2, runrate=4.14
Otto 4-0-21-1
Saich* 16 (19 balls)
Raza 10 (16 balls)

8.6 4 Otto to Raza
Raza flashes at that one, and the slips watch in dismay as it scuttles to the boundary. A bit streaky that.
8.5 . Otto to Raza
Slower ball, Raza plays and misses, and the ball just hops over the top of the stumps into the hands of Zafarullah.
8.4 . Otto to Raza
He's in a different time zone there, completely missed it!
8.3 4 Otto to Raza
Raza throws the bat at it outside off and carves a fortunate four through the slip cordon.
8.2 . Otto to Raza
On the front foot, stroked out to cover.
8.1 2 Otto to Raza
Worked easily towards deep mid wicket. They comfortably complete two before Purse's throw reaches Zafarullah.

This Raza bloke looks good. Not just anyone can take 10 off an Otto over.

Users who are viewing this thread