The Release Date Thread, where all Release Date posts must go

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
To be honest with you blocker I personally hope it is not licenced as the academy doesnt need it as I only play matches using teams from the 70/80/ AND 90S I put together all the teams as they really were as I find this was one of the greatest era of cricket especially the Australian English and West Indies teams of the 80S I was just saying might have licensing

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not saying anything more than you won't need to "Mod" DBC17, and that's saying too much!

My interpretation of the statement is that users won't need to "mod" the game as "modding" will be supported out of the box by DBC17 :yes

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To be honest with you blocker I personally hope it is not licenced as the academy doesnt need it as I only play matches using teams from the 70/80/ AND 90S I put together all the teams as they really were as I find this was one of the greatest era of cricket especially the Australian English and West Indies teams of the 80S I was just saying might have licensing

Aye, I'm sure there'll be more licensing than the last one but my point was licensing doesn't equate to modding so I'd read Ross' comment to mean much more editing capability from within the academy

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
It could really mean so many different things , so no need to get excited about it before Ross tells us a bit more....

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It could really mean so many different things , so no need to get excited about it before Ross tells us a bit more....
Then where's the fun in that...We got to bring in the old "reading too much between the lines" days back...:D

Gurjot95

National Board President
Back here for almost more than 2 years. The last time I posted in these forums, Dutch and Biggs were moderators and blockerdave was annoying af. Can anyone give me short summary what has happened in these past 2 years and why is no one asking for release date from past 10 minutes and so.

Regarding the game, I am just waiting for Academy so I can open file breakdown thread again. Good Luck to Ross and looking forward to DBC 17.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeah imagine that, being able to tweak the pitch, bounce, weather, ai shot selection ad infinitum....

I've worked on many games where this has been put forwards, only to be quashed. There is always a concern that by putting these in is an admission of guilt - I have worked with lots of designers who see this suggestion as a personal insult, that by doing that they are saying "we don't know best"... and they hate that thought.

I worked on one game where it very almost made it in, in fact it was actually up and running in the game (I think the suggestion was that it could potentially be sold as DLC: a gameplay editor). But plenty of people were very nervous that if people actually improved the game then somehow it detracted from their work. "What if people ruin the gameplay using this, and then put videos up - we'll look ridiculous!". "It will make the game look bad". Etc.
It was removed (although I think that the PC version was allowed to have very easily edited files so that the hardcore would have no problem playing around with it.)

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As far as i remember Ross mentioned once that when he posts an image of the game, he want that to be top quality image which is undoubtedly finalized quality. That means when they will announce the game they will post a final in game image with the announcement and cover of the game (most likely) . So when can be the most possible time to announce the game?

D

Dutch

I've worked on many games where this has been put forwards, only to be quashed. There is always a concern that by putting these in is an admission of guilt - I have worked with lots of designers who see this suggestion as a personal insult, that by doing that they are saying "we don't know best"... and they hate that thought.

I worked on one game where it very almost made it in, in fact it was actually up and running in the game (I think the suggestion was that it could potentially be sold as DLC: a gameplay editor). But plenty of people were very nervous that if people actually improved the game then somehow it detracted from their work. "What if people ruin the gameplay using this, and then put videos up - we'll look ridiculous!". "It will make the game look bad". Etc.
It was removed (although I think that the PC version was allowed to have very easily edited files so that the hardcore would have no problem playing around with it.)

I would hope that the guys at Big Ant would be beyond that. They have been so welcoming of the feedback from the community that I would hope that they would allow people to really fine tune their great work. There are lot of guys on these forums who really know cricket very deeply and it is a great opportunity for us to tweak and form the game so we can play it as close to our own needs as is possible. Flightsim is a pretty basic setup out of the box. All the finetuning and addons have made the product very close to reality as possible and the flightsim companies organise and bring their products with a very very open editable system so that the community can fine tune their work. I am not saying the guys at BA don't know their cricket but hopefully they will allow the community to bring the depth and subtlety we crave for

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They deliberately made the game rain for pirated copies, I don't think they're too bothered about us kicking around in weather settings and posting video of Hurricane Katrina going on during a T20...

...but yeah, ideally they get it right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread