There is something missing from ic 2010.

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok the online play is broken,but there is something else i cannot quite put my finger on.
In ashes 09 it felt like you were really playing the game,ic 2010 just doesnt have the same feel for some reason.
I dont know whether it is the glitchy animations when the batsman plays a shot or something else ive missed.
Its a pity because with the action cam this should be even a more realistic game.
On another note,i dont even bother playing the game now and i only purchased it 2 weeks ago,i guess i am so dissapointed with codies and trickstar releasing such a broken game,this may change if they fix the game with a patch,but sadly i dont think they know how to fix the game themselves.
This game should have been tested by trickstar and codies thoroughly instead of being rushed out to shops.
Sadly i think this will be the last game i buy from codemasters.:facepalm

I respect you opinion Jara but I think this game is a 100 times less broken than Ashes 09. I haven't played online at all but offline is very enjoyable....

I sort of know what you mean. IC2010 is miles better than AC09 and it's by far and away the best cricket game available but something just feels missing. Maybe it's just me ahah.

I disagree wholeheartedly, if anything Ashes felt nothing like cricket.

Offline on hard with Action Cam = most realistic cricket experience to date.

Maybe I need to fire up Ashes 09 to have a sense of what you guys mean. I haven't played it for yonks!

It's not that I've reverted back to AC09. It's just that when I played AC09 I was totally into it even though it was quite poor. But IC2010 is miles better but I'm just not "feeling it".

Probably because they are very similar, ideally AC09 should have been IC10.

It's not that I've reverted back to AC09. It's just that when I played AC09 I was totally into it even though it was quite poor. But IC2010 is miles better but I'm just not "feeling it".

But what is it your not feeling? Maybe the novelty of the game has worn off. When it came out Ashes 09 was pretty revolutionary in cricket game land. Maybe it's just the fact that you are used to the format???

dutchad added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I actually sold my copy for 40 bucks!

Not bad! Good that you got so much back!

AC09 patched was ok but it was horrible before that with the dire bowling lengths, massively over-aggressive AI and suicidal runouts.
Not sure how anyone could consider it better.

But what is it your not feeling? Maybe the novelty of the game has worn off. When it came out Ashes 09 was pretty revolutionary in cricket game land. Maybe it's just the fact that you are used to the format???

dutchad added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Not bad! Good that you got so much back!

Yeah I guess that's probably it. I never really felt the novelty of the game in the first place tbh. When I started playing I thought the action cam, power stick and HUD choice were great implementations and everything was so much better and realistic, but I never really felt into the game. I guess I'm just weird ahaha. Hopefully online gets fixed and I can play other people rather than just AI.

Barmy

AC09 patched was ok but it was horrible before that with the dire bowling lengths, massively over-aggressive AI and suicidal runouts.
Not sure how anyone could consider it better.

Just my opinion thats all imo,in all honesty i think the animations were better in ac09,whereas in this game they seem glitchy to me.

I agree that there's definitely something missing still from IC10 but I'm interested on what grounds you find AC09 better. It may be smoother but it's much less of a cricket simulation.

Ac09

I agree that there's definitely something missing still from IC10 but I'm interested on what grounds you find AC09 better. It may be smoother but it's much less of a cricket simulation.

Ok.
1-in my opinion the animations were better in ac09.
2-batting was harder online in ac 09,batting in ic 2010 online is just a constant slogfest.
3-when you hit a 6 online in ac09 it didnt disconnect.
4- you could kick people from the lobbies in ac09 if you didnt want to play them.
5- Ashes 09 was released on pc.

jaraarrow added 11 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I disagree wholeheartedly, if anything Ashes felt nothing like cricket.

Offline on hard with Action Cam = most realistic cricket experience to date.

Wasnt this action cam available in brian lara 99 on the playstation?Im sure it was,so all this fuss codies made about this action cam before it was released is just a sham,i remember playing with the action cam 11 years ago.:yes

Last edited:
Wasnt this action cam available in brian lara 99 on the playstation?Im sure it was,so all this fuss codies made about this action cam before it was released is just a sham,i remember playing with the action cam 11 years ago.:yes

I don't see your point.

Users who are viewing this thread