Review This game is like beer - tough at first but you enjoy it with time

I'm noticing this with a lot of games' companies. They communicate with the community while the game is developed then go silent after it's released.

It's as if we're being used so that, in their marketing campaign, when the game's released, they can say 'We developed this with the largest cricketing games community on the net'. Then, when we've served our purpose, we get ignored.

It's not a new tactic, drug dealer's have been doing it for years, hang aroud, befriend ya, get you into what they've got, you buy the product, RESULT, now it's yr problem, they're off to the next man!! We could always organise a demonstration outside their office and vent our feelings of frustration. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! But there are only about 20 of us on this forum worldwide so it may not be such a show of force!!;)
What really humours me is knowing that they will release the same faulty product in a couple of months over here in Aus, to the unsuspecting public who don't know that planet cricket exists, so will buy it as we have done, simply because it's a cricket game. Sales,sales,sales, that is all that counts I'm afraid. Customer care means so little to companies in this day and age.Sad but oh so true!!!

You know. I stuck with this game and played it more and tbh, I'm actually liking it a lot.

I cannot believe I rated it poorly earlier. I take some of it back now.

I really should've put more effort into the game before rushing to conclusion. This is actually a pretty good game. You can play the sweeps, pulls, hooks etc.

Replays are a joke as is online, but the game is pretty decent.

I will re-rate an 8.5/10 now.

All the pieces are done quite well albeit sometimes they don't mesh very well together. But playing this game on Normal or Hard with hud off is a challenge and even with minimal HUD, this game plays quite nicely.

I played 2 matches - India v Pakistan 20/20 and I won one barely and the other I lost by 4 runs. It was exhilarating and I had an audience and it felt like the real gaming. Sorry to the game devs.

I feel this game deserves more merit than its given.

You are so right.

I don't bother with online either.

But I gave up on this game ages ago, cos it was too easy to skittle out the Aussies for like 120 or whatever, and it was too easy to smash the ball about. But with no HUD they were always scoring 600+, and I was the one getting bowled out cheaply.

Tried it again last night on 'medium', with no HUD, and it's PERFECT. Bowled out Pakistan in a test match with England for 365 (A bit high, I know, but I kept dropping Umar Akmal, who went on to score 172*, and I was dropping it a bit too short with Swann, who got spanked around). In reply, I lost 3 wickets early on, but am trying to bat cautiously now, just punishing the bad ball. Currently 108-4, with Trott on 51, Morgan new at the crease.

I'm enjoying it now more than when I first got it!

Last edited:
You are so right.

I don't bother with online either.

But I gave up on this game ages ago, cos it was too easy to skittle out the Aussies for like 120 or whatever, and it was too easy to smash the ball about. But with no HUD they were always scoring 600+, and I was the one getting bowled out cheaply.

Tried it again last night on 'medium', with no HUD, and it's PERFECT. Bowled out Pakistan in a test match with England for 365 (A bit high, I know, but I kept dropping Umar Akmal, who went on to score 172*, and I was dropping it a bit too short with Swann, who got spanked around). In reply, I lost 3 wickets early on, but am trying to bat cautiously now, just punishing the bad ball. Currently 108-4, with Trott on 51, Morgan new at the crease.

I'm enjoying it now more than when I first got it!

That's interesting in regards to the medium setting thing. I will have to check it out once I'm up to your skill level. Having just got the game, I'm happy struggling on hard with min HUD. I know this won't last long though. What would be nice would be to not have the field diagram on the bottom left and have to rely on looking around the field to pick the gaps and having no visual feedback on your analog aiming. Just a thought.

I just got the game last night....and played a 20-20 on easy and it was too easy...then i tried hard which gave me little bit of trouble...so ill try normal next and see how that goes...looks like everyone here is recommending normal and NO HUD....will try that....and yes i agree online play is crap.

This game has got to be the biggest failure in cricket gaming history, considering all the technology available today.
Seriously how on earth can they get away with making such a poor game?

I just found it so boring there was just nothing to draw me back in to play another game.

IC10= Gash.

Users who are viewing this thread