Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
Wheels begin to fall off the Durham wagon
Cricket20052009-12-1921-50-41-57.jpg

"Cooky, if a woman asks you for your number, but you don't like her, do you A) Go on a mercy date with her, B) Give her the wrong number or C) Tell her to jog on?"

"Oh B) without a doubt, generally one of my ex's just to piss her off. Why you got a problem?"

"Yeah, your sister won't leave me alone"

"You're going to hell, do you know that Tom? And where you are there, fat women are going to roll all over you for the rest of time."

By now the skip was not too pleased with our conversation and asked us if we were planning on playing a cricket match or acting like a couple of 14 year olds. Personally, I don't see what was wrong with a bit of Cooky baiting about his sister. Mind you, I wonder what he would do if I got with her......:spy :laugh

Anyway, back to the cricket, we will leave my vivid imagination behind. Jamie was bowling at one end and whilst not a full time spinner he was useful for getting through a few overs and hopefully good at keeping the RR down. He did more then that though, luring Blackwell into an expansive drive and getting an inside edge which cannoned into middle stump. The ball did then jump up and hit the skip in the face much to the enjoyment off the rest of the team as we all came and celebrated around Jamie.

Ian Blackwell had been a dangerous batsman and his wicket was another nail in the coffin of the Durham innings as it now brought Kyle Koetzer out to the crease, a Scot at that. We all know the Scottish are rubbish at cricket so we expected his wicket would fall soon enough ;) However, Durham were now 102/5 and in real danger of collapsing here. Could we pull of an unlikely win?

Cricket20052009-12-2114-00-23-20.jpg

"So Kyle, you're born in Aberdeen. I've been there and it's a ████ hole."

"Weren't you at uni there?"

Exactly, I should know. Considering your from the north, is your dad by any chance your brother?

The umpire didn't like this and told me to shut up and get back to my fielding position. Bah, all I was doing was telling the truth, bloody Scot's!!!

Coetzer and Di Venuto had a really tough task ahead of them. The RRR was no problem for them, they should easily make the required runs in the overs that were left, the only problem they had was the way wickets had tumbled around them, leaving them in a very awkward position. If they could put a decent partnership together the game was their's. However, if we got a wicket, we would be into the tail and the advantage would seriously be ours.

For the next few overs, these two spent a wee while just knocking the ball around and building up the score slowly. At the end of the 34th over, the umpire decided to change the ball as it was now resembling a lime due to all the muck it had picked up off the pitch. Drinks were brough out and we had a wee breather just to chat things over.

Cricket20052009-12-2114-10-34-26.jpg

Mark brought us all in around the drinks to have a quick chat and to keep the momentum going:

"Right lads. Superb stuff up till now. Di Venuto is the only one causing us any problems but the rest off them have fallen over like skittles....."

"Bit like watching Cooky walk home on a night out then :D"

A few guys laughed at this ;)

"Yes Tom :sarcasm Anyway, I want to keep this momentum going we really have them behind the eight ball, but they can still win this if they put a patnership together, so every wicket is crucial now, we can't afford any slip up's. I want the banter to stop now (I got a long look after that got said) and 100% focus from all of you. Let's do this!!!"

Totally not fair, picking on me like that. What a mean captain :( Still he couldn't bitch at me. I had top scored in our innings and was currently the best bowler. Oh, it's great being God :p

Cricket20052009-12-2114-10-47-95.jpg

Cricket20052009-12-2114-10-56-84.jpg

This promised to be an exciting final 15 overs, and even me the team clown was keeping quiet as we went back to our positions to hopefully book ourselves into the next round of the C &G Trophy..... :upray

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Match set for an exciting finish! Glamorgan need just one more wicket and they will have very high chances of winning this match and going to the next round of C&G Trophy,Common Glamorgon. :happy

Great presentation and writing mate,keep it up. :)

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Aren't you the bitchy type? The other players would prolly be thinkin, what a douche tryin to be funny but you're lucky you're a tank of a player

5 runs per over, it can't be that hard, but they're slowing down and gettin bowled so I reckon Glamorgan might just have the tip

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Of course not, it's usual for people to go upto there team and say, the place you come from is a s*** hole and ask if their father is their brother

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
"Cooky, if a woman asks you for your number, but you don't like her, do you A) Go on a mercy date with her, B) Give her the wrong number or C) Tell her to jog on?"

"Oh B) without a doubt, generally one of my ex's just to piss her off. Why you got a problem?"

"You're going to hell, do you know that Tom? And where you are there, fat women are going to roll all over you for the rest of time."

Made my day :laugh
Cook = pwned

Last edited:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors

haha :laugh: Loved it. Hoping that Galmorgan bowlers can restrict Durham. As always a nice update KUTGW. :D

Highlander999

ICC President
Match is in the balance
Cricket20052009-12-1921-50-41-57.jpg

So there we are. In the beautiful *ahem :sarcasm* city of Cardiff where the tension out there in the field was so high, you felt like you could almost touch it. I realised that my hands were pretty damn sweaty and if I spilled a chance cause of them I would feel a bit of an idiot, so I quickly wiped them on my trousers, getting a bemused look from Gareth. Typical batsman, not being able to work out what I was doing, I was hardly gonna be out there pouring water all over my hands.

I reckoned the plan would be for Cooky to start in the 40th over with Dizzy in the 41st over, then me coming on to replace Dizzy and me and Cooky finishing off the innings together. It made the most sense to have us 3 bowling at the death as with us being the seamers it would be harder to put us away, plus we could get the yorkers in. It did look like though we could be in trouble as Coetzer showed that maybe not all Scot's suck at cricket as him and Di Venuto carried on with their heroics, pinching the odd boundary and slowly but surely plucking the runs off.

By the time the 40th over arrived, they had nearly reached the 50 partnership and a few heads had begun to drop.

Cricket20052009-12-2116-04-54-33.jpg

Mark was trying desperately to keep everyone buoyed up, but the atmosphere out there wasn't good. The only way we were going to win this match now was by taking wickets. If Durham played out their overs, the match was there's. It was simple as that. Mark decided to call a conference and me being the nosey bugger that I am, decided to join them,

"Ok guys, we need a wicket and fast. Simon, you're on now, for the love of God keep things tight and don't give any freebies away. Jase, you're gonna be on at the other end and bowl out your spell, where you will be replaced by Tom. You know how it goes guys in these final few overs, keep it as tight as you can. I'll try and have a few of the lads up in the ring to stop as many singles as I can. Keep your chins up and good luck :)"

Bloody good speech, and it looked like I was correct in my thoughts of who would bowl at the death. I decided to loosen myself up again, the body was beginning to feel a bit stiff, it had been a long day for me, but it wasn't quite over yet.

Cricket20052009-12-2116-05-05-31.jpg

Cricket20052009-12-2116-05-13-05.jpg

Coetzer had been vital in this partnership for Durham. Di Venuto had been the anchor in their innings but had been going rather slowly. Coetzer on the other hand had scored at a decent rate and a few big shots from him and the match would be over before we knew it. We needed his wicket or at best contain him, and force Di Venuto to take the main role.

However, things suddenly took a massive boost for us :)

The first ball of Cooky's new spell was hardly what we wanted. A short and wide one, got carted over gully and took a couple of bounces before crashing into the advertising boards. Luckily Si kept his head and managed to get a few dot balls in there. I don't know whether this got under Coetzer's skin and the pressure begun to get to him, but he then played a ridiculous shot. Cooky dropped one a bit wide again, and instead of taking an easy single, Coetzer tried to loft it away for 4, over cover. He put it right down Dizzy's throat and there wasn't a chance Jason was going to put that one down. There was a moment of silence before we all erupted in cheers and there was quite a bit of noise coming from the home fans as well ;) This was such a big breakthrough for us, the match had now swung right back and we believed we could still do this. Meanwhile, Coetzer slowly walked away, shaking his head, not believing why he had played such a shot.

Cricket20052009-12-2116-08-02-30.jpg

With Coetzer gone, that meant that we were now into the bowlers as Liam Plunkett walked out to the crease. Plunkett is no fool with the bat and was capable of hitting his shots so we would still need to bowl well to him, but we were fired up now and he knew he would be in for a tough time out there. Cooky was practically jumping up and down on the spot he was so keen to get bowling and the amount of support coming from the fielders was a big boost to everyone.

Things certainly were heading for an exciting finish, and I didn't have a clue who would walk away with this....

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Important wicket of Coetzer, its opened up the tail, although like you mentioned Plunket can bat a bit. The game just got better!

Users who are viewing this thread