Top 3 Fastest Bowlers Of World Cup 2011 ???

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who will be the top 3 fastest bowler of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011?

My opinion:-

1.Shoaib Akhtar.
2.Bret Lee
3.Mitchel Jhonson

Akhtar won't even be in the top 5 fastest, he barely gets it over 90 mph now.

how many possible 90mph+ bowlers are there?

Broad, but he's back from injury. Roach, Tait and mitch. Morkel and Steyn sometimes, though Steyn is usually high 80s. no one for india or bangladesh or any associate. Fernando and malinga maybe.

Akthar was still hitting over 93 mph in new zealand, he won't do it often but the pace is still there.

Zaheer? are you serious?

Kemar Roach can touch 90 easily too

EDIT: woops he's already on Stinkys list.

Zaheer did get up to 145+ K occasionaly in test series against Aus last year, but he can't do it regularly.

Tait
Steyn
Johnson

Zaheer and 140+? Is that a joke? Zaheer doesnt need to care about the nonsense speed meter and this huge crush for just "speeds". His 130+ are more than enough to trouble any batsman worldwide.

Ah yes he can, Mitch had a ball at just over 150kph in one of the games this summer, but that's the only one I saw - he's a mid 140s guy generally. Lee hit 151 or 152 in one of the ODIs so he can still crank it up occasionally, but I think it's a bit like Shoaib, a pretty rare thing for him to crack the 150kph now. A couple of balls here and there, but nothing regular.

Kemar Roach hopefully hits 150+ too.

Some combination of Tait, Lee, Steyn, Shoaib, Roach and maybe a Johnson will be the quickest I'd say.

I don't see any bowler bowling 150+ on a consistent basis, at least not on the subcontinent pitches.
Tait and Roach will probably be the ones that go over the 150+ speeds the most times but not as many as they could in some other places around the world.

Users who are viewing this thread