Players Retiring After The World cup 2011 Informations:-Tait

Shaun Tait's body found the Test workload too tough but he has remained a brutal bowler in the game's short forms. In January 2008 he took an indefinite break from the game due to physical and emotional exhaustion and since returning later that year has focused only on Twenty20s and one-dayers.

While Tait's shoulder-strong action slung him on to the 2005 Ashes tour, where he played two Tests ahead of his more celebrated South Australia team-mate Jason Gillespie, it soon disrupted his quest for further international impact. With a muscular and unrefined method that seems to invite pain, Tait returned from England buoyed by his promotion only to hurt himself in a grade match and the subsequent shoulder surgery forced him out for the rest of the year.

Despite numerous setbacks - a back problem suffered in the nets ended his trip to South Africa and a hamstring complaint delayed his ODI entry until the eve of the World Cup in 2007 - his old-fashioned approach of yorkers and bumpers mixed with a modern dose of sharp reverse-swing causes huge excitement for everyone but the batsmen.

Shaun Tait | Australia Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

That is a summary of his injuries from his cricinfo profile.

Ha, lost any respect I might have ever had for him now.

I just think that to go from accomplishing 50 first class games to being unable to bowl 10 overs in the course of about 5 years is just mind-boggling.

However, considering Australia's uncanny ability to injure players at the moment, I think it says more about current views on fitness and conditioning than it does about the players themselves.

Might not be a big loss for Australia as I don't think he could have kept his place in the team after Bollinger and Harris get back from their Injuries. What about Brett Lee, Will he continue?

hope tait finds that pace that he had in the aus/pak t20 series again since he's retired now.

Making a century against a weak bowling line up isn't called getting back into form.

Making a century against a weak bowling line up isn't called getting back into form.
Weak! Are you serious! You can call the Indian bowling attack ordinary but it certainly isn't weak.

Yeah if you make a century and a patience century against not a bad bowling attack of india then you're certainly in for for me at least

Users who are viewing this thread