Players Retiring After The World cup 2011 Informations:-Tait

wth do you expect in a place like Canada where cricket is mostly followed by immigrants? And have you even been to Toronto, it is the true melting pot of the world. Hard to spot a white person. :p

Well yeah, I've never been to North or South America. :p

I guess it just confirms that Canada shouldn't be in the cricket World Cup, people play the "develop" card in response, but the fact of the matter is they're not developing, they're just picking immigrant journeymen. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say it has little effect on the Canada's cricket in general.

I'm happy for Ireland etc. to be there, because it is actually helping their development, but I just find the Canada situation a bit of a joke.

There are a number of rumours Vettori may as well which would be a huge blow. Styris is getting old so that's quite likely. Oram is always injured but he is pretty young still. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do. Would leave some pretty large gaps in the side.

If anything he would give up test cricket wouldn't he?? He's hardly a wicket taker for us in that format anymore, as was evident by that last series vs Pakistan, but I think we could really do with his batting still.

We don't even play that many tests so that would mean heaps of down time for him as well if he retires from ODI.

wth do you expect in a place like Canada where cricket is mostly followed by immigrants? And have you even been to Toronto, it is the true melting pot of the world. Hard to spot a white person.

Have you ever been to Toronto? The only 3 places filled with asians are Gerard India Bazaar, Crescent Town and China Town. My school is filled mostly with Europeans too.
We had 6 white players in our cricket team last year, out of 15.
Our former mayor David Miller's favourite sport is cricket too and he plays regularly. In fact, I bowled to him once, and he smacked it through the covers and scored 3 runs off that ball.:yes

Last edited:
If anything he would give up test cricket wouldn't he?? He's hardly a wicket taker for us in that format anymore, as was evident by that last series vs Pakistan, but I think we could really do with his batting still.

We don't even play that many tests so that would mean heaps of down time for him as well if he retires from ODI.

The commentators always talk about how he's a 'stats man' and wants to reach some milestones in test cricket before he retires, such as the 4000runs, 400 wickets milestone, and possibly Hadlee's wicket total.

wth do you expect in a place like Canada where cricket is mostly followed by immigrants? And have you even been to Toronto, it is the true melting pot of the world. Hard to spot a white person. :p

----------

Tbh, I don't think it would be that bad if Vettori wanted to call it quits. Nathan McCullum has really stepped up to the plate, and at least in LOI cricket I think he can replace Vettori pretty easily.

Canada sucks, and Rizwan Cheema can't even speak english :facepalm

Yeah he could barely walk but its amazing how he can still crank it up to 150 KPH (occasionally).

Sachin Tendulkar ,anyone ?

I think ,irrespective of the fact whether India wins the Cup or not, it is high time that he left. I certainly for one, do not wish to see him around in the team for the 2015 version. If he stays till then, the signs are clear that he would be a liability on the team.

I wish to see him in 2015 as well . He played only two matches in 2010, one was a double hundred and what did he do in WC 2011 ? 2 hundreds . That is Sachin . He will never be a liability to the team even by 2015 . Many people were were skeptical about Sachin after the 2007 fiasco and he was forced to skip 2007 T-20 cup but here he is in 2011, one of the best players and 2'nd highest run getter. Predicting about Sachin is always fraught with danger and there is a high possibility of people falling flat on their faces . Ian Chappell has realised that :D.

I wish to see him in 2015 as well . He played only two matches in 2010, one was a double hundred and what did he do in WC 2011 ? 2 hundreds . That is Sachin . He will never be a liability to the team even by 2015 . Many people were were skeptical about Sachin after the 2007 fiasco and he was forced to skip 2007 T-20 cup but here he is in 2011, one of the best players and 2'nd highest run getter. Predicting about Sachin is always fraught with danger and there is a high possibility of people falling flat on their faces . Ian Chappell has realised that :D.

Sachin is a true legend and if Jayasuria can play till the age of 38 , so can Sachin. His performances in the cup has shown all his critics that he is still good enough to be in this team. Maybe a 2 more years of International cricket is still left in him.

Come on, Don't stretch Sachin to 2015 World Cup.....

Id agree on that too......he ought to give some breather to himself and the bowlers of the world who he has terrorized for almost a generation.

Users who are viewing this thread