An interesting interview of Shoaib Malik after TT final.

I noticed that immediately during the presentation, but cricketers make such mistakes at times when they're in a state of emotion (as Malik undoubtedly was during the interview) and maybe he would come out and clarify his mistake. However, it was not the right thing to say, so it would be in good grace if he did that just to ensure that the controversy doesn't blow way out of proportion.

Besides India had a couple of muslims playing this game: Irfan and Yousuf Pathan and I'm sure they weren't cheering on the Pakistani batsmen on :p

mistake or not this shouldnt be acceptable..is he assuming if the pakistani captain was some hindu christian or sikh he wouldnt have any muslim supporters:rolleyes: my pakistani christian friend wasnt too happy about this either

I haven't seen anything so nit-picking or ridiculous since the incident with the presentation of the Champions Trophy to Australia last year.

I saw nothing in that, and nothing in this.
68215.jpg

I saw nothing offensive about it either. In these times, it's probably even a good thing that someone is representing Islam peacefully.

It was a stupid comment but I think a honest mistake.

Lets put down his slip to:
1) English is not his first language
2) He had just lost in the final
3) He had been fasting since sunrise (I assume)

Maybe he is thanking those people who are fasting and still managed to watch this game. Maybe he worded it wrong.
I dont see how fasting prevents someone from watching the game.

Last edited:
I really don't understand what is wrong with this to be honest. Its like Suren said, the media are making a mountain out of molehill again. Dear me, it's political correctness gone mad. It's just a mistake he's made when speaking English, which isn't his first language. I wouldn't like somebody to quote my French, despite me doing it at GCSE level.

I really don't understand what is wrong with this to be honest. Its like Suren said, the media are making a mountain out of molehill again. Dear me, it's political correctness gone mad. It's just a mistake he's made when speaking English, which isn't his first language. I wouldn't like somebody to quote my French, despite me doing it at GCSE level.

yes but he specfically said 'muslims', and he'd already said 'pakistan supporters'

He represents Pakistan regardless of whether those countrymen support him. Of course there will be many ethnic Pakistanis who aren't countrymen that they represent as well. People of many countries do this, but you'd be laughed at if you were an Australian who chose to recognise their English heritage and support England. Culture isn't even, but people do represent their cultures.

I dont think it was caused by a slip of a tongue or poor english.He is a member of "Jamaat Tabiligi" in Pakistan and he did it to make them happy.And he was trying to say that all the muslims are one and there are no boundaries,states or nations.Pakistan team playing for the international muslims.

I dont think it was caused by a slip of a tongue or poor english.He is a member of "Jamaat Tabiligi" in Pakistan and he did it to make them happy.And he was trying to say that all the muslims are one and there are no boundaries,states or nations.Pakistan team playing for the international muslims.

FIRST I disagree with your comment that MY country represent Muslims Internationally, they represent a Cricketing nation (A country which is passionate about CRICKET). I can don't Shoaib Malik is a part of "Jamaat Tabiligi", and for some people who don't know may think it's something extremist or something, lol it's not.

Second, Pakistan is not 100% Muslim country, not a issue.

Third CRICKET HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Religion :eek:

Media needs a kick ass.
Forth I understand Maliks emotions after loosing to non other then India in a FINAL.

Last edited:
FIRST I disagree with your comment that MY country represent Muslims Internationally, they represent a Cricketing nation which is mostly Muslim. I can don't Shoaib Malik is not a part of "Jamaat Tabiligi", and for some people who don't know may think it's something extremist or something, lol it's not.

Second, Pakistan is not 100% Muslim country, not a issue.

Third CRICKET HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Religion :eek:

Media needs a kick ass.
Tell this thing to Malik that Pakistan is not 100% muslim country.Lots of christians and hindus living in pakistan were supporting pakistan but malik thanked only muslims.And dont tell me those comments were due to his weak english.

Tell this thing to Malik that Pakistan is not 100% muslim country.Lots of christians and hindus living in pakistan were supporting pakistan but malik thanked only muslims.And dont tell me those comments were due to his weak english.

Personally, I don't agree with Malik on his comments, however I can understand what he is trying to say in that situation. but it's NOT A ISSUE!! :mad: He didn?t abuse anyone, or be racist.

look does he think pakistan is a muslim country? so basically he thinks pakistan are representing islam in cricket....oh great, now cricket is turning out to be war.

He was under the impression that Pakistan supports Pakistan, no issues there. He was also under the impression that muslims all over the world supported Pakistan.

I fail to see how this indicates a war.

Users who are viewing this thread