Tragic Season...

Zai

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A bit off topic but i thought this might give you a laugh, i just entered my 3rd season at Yorkshire (ive been playing for longer though, my past season in yr 2012 got a corrupt save file so i started this new game) and i was feeling pretty good about my season, i had been promoted to Div1 of county and National league comps and had blown all my money on some good players, my team included: Vaughan, Hoggard, Ponting, Brett Lee, Thorpe, Tremlett and M Wood, i was cruising with 4 county wins and 5 Nat league wins, having only lost 1 match in county when tragedy hit my squad! within 4 matches the following players dissapeared from my ranks:

Michael Vaughan - International Duty
Matthew Hoggard - International Duty
Graham Thorpe - International Duty
Ricky Ponting - Injured for 17 weeks
Brett Lee - Injured for 24 weeks
Richard Pyrah - Injured for 5 weeks
M Lumb - Injured for 8 weeks

I have never seen anything like this in the whole time ive been playing the game! ive had 2 injured at once but not 4!, and with 3 players also on INT duties, its obviously going to kill my season...

I only buy international players from Australia or New Zealand because they are rarely on INT duty during the english domestic season but injuries sure killed that theory! :crying

Anybody else have any crisis like this so early in the season?

In my last season, during the World Cup I was down to such a little amount of players that the Computer generated 2 youth players into my squad to complete a full XI, both were rubbish bowlers, although remarkably they broke my 10th wicket partnership user record.

I hadn't been paying attention to the year, so lost one of my overseas players, and to my disbelief watched as England called up 10 of my players for their World Cup campaign. Which then went onto the final :rolleyes:

Still I got those players back, and to have 4 long term injuries like that is something I have never experienced, have you by any chance spent less on physios this year? If not fire them all :boxing

edit: And to add, for the rest of the season only 4-6 of my players were ever called up so in terms of a crisis, yours trumps it :eek:

yeah the international call ups are very frustrating, it wouldn't be too bad if it was for a just a few games but they are gone for 75% of the season sometimes, hence now ill only get aussie or new zealand internationals, they rarely go for INT duty because their offseason is during the county campaign :)

As for the physio i have $50,000 allocated to it i think? or $40,000... something like that, i get 3 physio sessions to use anyway :) which i just change around each player who needs them after every game.

I'm never too bothered about the Centrally Contracted ones getting called up, it's the amount of fringe players I have who get called up when in the middle of a good patch of form, and dropped when they have a bad test or ODI, then returned with poor form. As a result they never quite become a regular, and I end up footing the bill for Englands drinks carriers :rolleyes: :D (although if any of them run out an Aussie during the Ashes, it's half worth it :) )

I haven't had any overseas players go away on International Duty apart from during the World Cup, so you should be ok to sign other nationalities. Generally if their available to sign, you won't lose them, although countless players have had good seasons for me, and then become regulars for their country and I can never sign them again.

during my last game which died from a corrupt save i had signed Muralitharan in about my 2nd or 3rd season, he went on international duty for Sri Lanka for nearly the whole season :( he is the only non-aussie international player ive had though so maybe it was just unlucky timing when he was selected

Yeah its frustrating sometimes what happens with internationals. I have 4 guys playing for england at the moment, had some dodgy injuries, but I have the most unbelievable lancashire side at the moment. I'm in 2008 and at the end of last year, I picked up 2 youth bowlers who had averaged around 15!!! and they have been superb for me, plus picked up 2 sri lankan spinners (all rounders) who are essential. I never get close to losing a game with 2 great spinners in the side. And my batting goes so deep I have flintoff at number 10!

Hampshire let go Ervine & Mascheranas last year, so I snapped them up...couldnt believe my luck, and I picked up W Jefferson.

Last year I had a sri lankan spinner who was on international duty the whole year! (World cup etc).

Hopefully my england players return soon.

while playing for australia in "international only" mode during the series against west indies i lost brett lee out injured while bowling in the 1st test, McGrath was out in the 2nd and Gillespie after the match!i had to include shane watson in the team with two spinners warne ane macgill with kasprowicz as strike bowler :crying

I hate World Cup years, In 2007 My 3 best batsmen got called up, Newman Gilchrist and Thorpe, and a few of my bowlers. Lost 4 out of 5 National legue games and lost 5 out of 5 County Championship games. :mad :mad I managed to recover it though in the end. I've never had 4 people injured for quite a while though, thats really unlucky

RabbleRouser said:
I hate World Cup years, In 2007 My 3 best batsmen got called up, Newman Gilchrist and Thorpe, and a few of my bowlers. Lost 4 out of 5 National legue games and lost 5 out of 5 County Championship games. :mad :mad I managed to recover it though in the end. I've never had 4 people injured for quite a while though, thats really unlucky

I'm going through the same thing now. I've just signed Gilchrist and Kaneria, however they're playing in the world cup alongside Anderson and Freddie. :help

However, Pakistan, England and Australia all nearly went out in the group stages, but turned their fortunes around in their last matches. :brickwall

In my old game I made many of my players stars and then they got selected by england for nearly the whole season. Peterson, Masacharacas(or however his name is spelt), Tremellet and Crawly all got selected and were in brilliant form. They then went and had all poor matches for england and were returned at the end of the season in very poor form. Peterson was returned earlier after some shocking tests with very poor form and I played him in one first class game and he made 200+ and he was selected again.

Users who are viewing this thread