Training Thread

Making fielding more important is a bummer I reckon, especially for someone like me who is still trying to form a well rounded squad.

I really wish I didn't make so many mistakes early on in my managing career, and I had money in the bank now.

Don't worry bout it, everyone made the mistake of buying over priced players.

You'll recover.

Fielding meaning more is putrid.. All mine are pretty much worthless. I'm gonna be dropping everything.

Yeah same. No one trains it, except for nat players, and players who have to get their secondarys up. I'll be tweaked over as well.

Angry has some monsters in the field so he'll be benefiting. I got most of my trainee up to feeble/med but that was more getting the secondaries up.

Yeah same. No one trains it, except for nat players, and players who have to get their secondarys up. I'll be flinged over as well.

Having Manders at wonderful fielding and Bradley at quality fielding looks like it might be useful now ;) Plus having a bunch of resp/comp fielders should help me out I reckon :p

Because keeping is getting a huge boost under the new ME, I have no money or ITS to get a keeper and my current one is getting on in years, so might as well use my spare net to get his keeping comp+

I'd better train up a keeper soon, my keeper ATM isn't great, he's just there to fill the position.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

At 22, he's not good enough to warrant training.

Might as well just make my next generation of trainee a keeper. I've got 40 ITS, might as well put less on conc as keeping will naturally improve his conc too.

Sounds like a plan.

A sweet ass pop :D

8. Carlton Manders - 21 yo, BT Rating=96,158
RH batsman, LFM bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: sensational
Fielding: wonderful

So my trainees set up.

Ray Southall - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,199
LH batsman, LFM bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

2 bat, 1 keeping, 1 stam.

I realise he's bad, but I just pulled him and with keeping being more important in the new ME, might as well train him up. Shame I could only get 26 ITS for the pull with my academy condition, but he'll have to do.

Benjamin Adri - 19 yo, BT Rating=13,592
LH batsman, LM bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has abysmal batting form, competent bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

2 bowling, 1 stam

Mike Vidale - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,224
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

2 batting

Alfie Fillery - 20 yo, BT Rating=35,007
RH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is a destructive player with superb leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: respectable

1 bowling

jake, get a better wkb...

look for med or comp batting with at least feeble stamina, wk and concentration, in accordance to what tom said, a little fielding and a field net shouldn't hurt, you will get plenty of those in the market now...

abysmal stamina and worthless isnt good enough for any team, even if it is your first day in BT

TIP: Dream Big :sarcasm

It just depends how eager you are to bog down 4 nets on a below-average trainee who will be unplayable for two seasons. With perseverance, he will eventually be useful, but in the time it takes, you could also find someone who is a much more efficient use of nets, even with a head start.

Sometimes you're better off just giving extra nets to your best trainees until you find that guy. All those guys could benefit from a fielding net and the batsman could use a little stamina as well. If you do that for two seasons, you'll get an extra 29 pops out of those 3 potentially quite powerful players as opposed to the 19 on one player who would still only be pretty average at that point.

Of course, it doesn't give you a wicket keeper and you would still have to work on that. However, in the short term, neither will that player.

Users who are viewing this thread