Transferring saves between computers

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey all,

I normally play on my desktop at home but travel a fair bit so I play DBC a bit on my laptop. Is it possible to transfer saves between the two?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Ren

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does the game allow steam cloud saves? That would be the easiest way if it's available.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I just sync it all with Google Drive to be honest, means I always have a back-up.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Cheers. Just copy the save file over from the folder? What happens if one computer has slightly modified player attributes in academy than the other?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Just install the game via Steam as you normally would and launch it once, then quit out... copy over all your saved stuff into the "Don Bradman Cricket" folder it's created in documents and vola, you're away. I've copied my saved files across three different computers lately and there's no issues.

Lionden

Club Captain
It is possible, you have to manually copy them to other computer. It's strange though that it doesn't have syncing option with steam, it's the only game I have on steam that doesn't sync and that sux, I keep moving data between my laptop and desktop manually.

PS: You'll find a folder named "Don Bradman Cricket 14" in "My Documents > Games". That folder contains all your DBC progress, custom teams, players and in progress saved matches.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Sounds good! Will probably start a test match on my 11 hour voyage Montreal -> Genève (depending on laptop power) but won't finish it.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Having your game saves sync via the cloud is actually quite easy to achieve using symbolic links, which effectively allow you to store the actual files in your dropbox / OneDrive but make them appear to the game as if they are still stored in Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\ . There are two methods to allow this, one is by command line, and the other is with additional software. I'll explain the latter because its simpler. It requires a bit of installing to enable but you can have it set up in just a few minutes. Credit goes to howtogeek.com for the method.

Firstly, there are two pre-requisites that you need to download in order to do this. Microsoft Visual C++, and also the Link Shell Extension itself.

Visual C++(Choose as appropriate)
64-Bit Systems http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/B/4/8B42259F-5D70-43F4-AC2E-4B208FD8D66A/vcredist_x64.EXE
32-Bit Systemss http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/B/4/8B42259F-5D70-43F4-AC2E-4B208FD8D66A/vcredist_x86.EXE

Link Shell Extension (Choose as appropriate)
64-Bit Systems http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/HardLinkShellExt_X64.exe
32-Bit Systems http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/HardLinkShellExt_win32.exe

Creating the Symbolic Links

Once you have installed the above required software, you need to find where the save files for Don Bradman Cricket 2014 are kept. These are found in Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 2014. Right click the Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder and make a back up somewhere safe in case anything goes wrong.

Step 1
Cut/Paste the folder from My Games into your Onedrive folder or Dropbox folder. Personally I am using Onedrive but Dropbox is equally fine to use.

m4lCc8d.jpg

Step 2
Create the start point for the symlink. Right click the Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder in your cloud drive folder (to repeat, mine is Onedrive) and choose 'Pick Link Source'.

QeR0owT.jpg

Step 3
Create the end point for the symlink. This is the 'ghost' file that tricks the game into believing the real file is still in your documents folder. Browse back to Documents\My Games\ and right click anywhere within the folder. Choose 'Drop As' and then 'Symbolic Link'.

bwLn3tE.jpg

And that's it, You're all done. Just repeat steps 2 and 3 for all additional computers that you play the game on. From now on, every time the save file is over written, it'll be instantly available on all of your computers with no further effort required. Just please, make sure you back up a copy of the original folder first in case you have a problem accessing your cloud drive one day.

D

Deleted member 9102

Nice work on the tutorial. I was just going mention that this was possible as I did it for One Finger Death Punch.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah I did this for World of Warcraft ages ago so all my addons and UI layouts were the same for all computers I played on. Its a great solution.

Users who are viewing this thread