Truly Disgraceful Behaviour

I didn't. The only thing I said was, in my post further up the page. Believe me I don't give 2 hoots about your sig, I only pointed out it proved my point that Rangers fans were getting a worse name than Celtic.

So are we now going to stop every single fan wearing a strip and ask them if they are a genuine fan? :rolleyes:

I don't think that is necessary, all I am saying is, before people start complaining about how its all Rangers fault, they should

1) Have been there and actually witnessed it

Or

2) Find out the facts, or wait for a Press release

After both of these, or just 1 and it is found out to be Rangers, then fair enough. But until then, just keep low on the incidents.

News of the world? Ha! Reliable.

As I said to you via PM Lee, no one complained. I instigated it out of my own free will.

Nice irony too, given your 2nd point yet you quoted a NOTW blog on the last page!

As I said to you via PM Lee, no one complained. I instigated it out of my own free will.

Nice irony too, given your 2nd point yet you quoted a NOTW blog on the last page!

It has been published by the NOTW, however, It has come from a Police officer with our police force.

Nice one Lee. Do you maybe want to check before making accusations?

I don't think that is necessary, all I am saying is, before people start complaining about how its all Rangers fault, they should

1) Have been there and actually witnessed it

Or

2) Find out the facts, or wait for a Press release

After both of these, or just 1 and it is found out to be Rangers, then fair enough. But until then, just keep low on the incidents.

Perhaps you could explain how it is that Manchester police have confirmed that all the arrested fans were from Glasgow?

Like me and Joe said, a lot of fans don't wear replica shirts to matches as they think that its stupid for a middle aged man to be wearing a replica shirt, so the argument about no Rangers shirts being seen is nonsense really. United and City fans wouldn't mess up their own city. Rangers fans have a history of this kind of thing and the trouble only really started when the screen didn't work, therefore I feel showing that the people down there wanted to actually see the game. If they had been hooligans from England, they wouldn't have been bothered about the game.

There's enough videos about the web to show Rangers fans attacking each other as well as the police!

Perhaps you could explain how it is that Manchester police have confirmed that all the arrested fans were from Glasgow?

Thats arrested in connection for the stabbing... Not for the violence.

Like me and Joe said, a lot of fans don't wear replica shirts to matches as they think that its stupid for a middle aged man to be wearing a replica shirt, so the argument about no Rangers shirts being seen is nonsense really. United and City fans wouldn't mess up their own city. Rangers fans have a history of this kind of thing and the trouble only really started when the screen didn't work, therefore I feel showing that the people down there wanted to actually see the game. If they had been hooligans from England, they wouldn't have been bothered about the game.

There's enough videos about the web to show Rangers fans attacking each other as well as the police!

Well, how come Police have said that the forums that the hooligans use were buzzing about the cup final?

The police said they were deliberately looking to damage Rangers reputation...

Plus he's talking rubbish anyway. 12 were arrested in connection with the stabbing and about 50/60 in connection with the violence. Funny how none of them were from all these towns that were apparently sending hooligans to Manchester.

Point 1; Do you not think that the 'high ranking police officer with 20 years valuable experience' could have just made those inflamatory statements to the News of the World for the 20 thousand he probably got paid for it? Or is greed and deceit all of a sudden a none existant human trait in Manchester.

Point 2; News of the World; Sheer Lol's. Nelson Mandela could make a statement for that paper and I still wouldn't believe it. NOTW is one of the most well-known inflamatory red tops, with a reputation for ridiculous twisting of words and huge numbers of 'informants' have later sued the paper for printed falsified quote. The NOTW quite frankly do not care whether what they print it truth or lies, as long as it gets a reaction, selling papers. Which this story quite obviously does. Everyone wants to read a story like this. Rangers fans will read it just so they can call it bollocks at the end and everyone else will either read it out of Rangers rivalry, or interest in a wide ranging violent act - It's the 'car crash syndrome' - If you drive past a car crash, you don't want to look to see if anyone's hurt or even dead because it's morally wrong, but you always do. It's exactly the same with reading about the violence.

Point 3; If the police had been checking these 'forums that football hooligans' then why did they not close them down in accordance with the law, or even use the forums to form the basis of information against this tidal wave of those trying to ruin Rangers reputation. It's seem incredibly ridiculous to me that policemen would view a forum that would be promoting hooliganism and not close it down, despite that being a police stance for the past 5 years.

Point 4; We'll have the Gers tinted glasses off now shall we. The facts have been fulled laid out by this point - Too many people in a city, too many drunk, any kind of reaction could have set them off. Had they not lost this wouldn't have happened. A Russian fan wouldn't have been stabbed if you'd won, and Manchester wouldn't have been trashed. It's fairly obvious that drunk people and any kind of disppointed invariably always leads to some kind of widespread violence or deaths. The people at fault are in Manchester that decided to exploit the flood of Rangers fan for all their cash and kept serving them, when they should have realised the repercussions.

Users who are viewing this thread