TV Coverage

No, we want some audio to listen too..

I find it boring when it's silent during a match on TV. At least make conversation.

In some places of the world, yes.

Cough "US"

hey I take offense to that, oh wait, never mind , its true .

Although let me make one point. Every time a fellow american tries to tell me that cricket is too complicated, I laugh in their chubby overweight face, because American Football is way way more complicated with 100's of ridiculous little rules and regulations. Its just that they have a mental block about things not American and refuse to learn.

EDIT: on topic, I do like a little bit of banter and living room talk in my commentary, Benaud is a legend no doubt but if he was not complimented by a more personable character it would be a bit too dry.

I really like Shane Warne's commentary. He's actually pretty unbiased, has interesting views and he's just a legend. More Warne!!!!

Yea hes been a nice addition, he gets in some funny comments as well. Should be hearing more of him this summer if he wants to continue commentating.

Agreed on Warne, brilliant cricket brain, very insightful and interesting to listen to when he's in the box, good work by sky to get him on. Not that I agree with the slating of English commentators though, I don't know how anyone cannot like Bumble.;)

Surely Ashes should be free to air? Especially when you get football world cups, Olympics etc free. The Ashes is big as that

Yes it should, but there you go. As well as charging us to watch sport, we have to shell out an extra ?15 for all the major boxing events as well! I'm sure they're not that hard up that they need to charge extra for other events as well.

It was brilliant on Channel 4 and so was the music. I hate Sky's Cricket theme with a passion. I'd like the BBC to get it back so it can once again have the only music Cricket coverage should ever have, you know the one I mean. Can't think of the name right now.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Agreed on Warne, brilliant cricket brain, very insightful and interesting to listen to when he's in the box, good work by sky to get him on. Not that I agree with the slating of English commentators though, I don't know how anyone cannot like Bumble.;)

Bumble is a legend and Warney livens things up a bit. I think he's going to be a cracking commentator!

Last edited:
Bumble's awesome. It's the rest. David Gower is the only one i'd say I particularly don't like listening to. The rest are usually pretty good.

Bumble and Warne are the best. Gower, Botham and Hussain are incredibly biased it sometimes makes me sick.

I used to like Bumble but he says the same thing way to often. I find Holding to be the best of that lot.

Where the hell is Grumpy Bob Willis. I miss him. Would have loved him when Clarke and Haddin were putting those runs.

It was brilliant on Channel 4 and so was the music. I hate Sky's Cricket theme with a passion. I'd like the BBC to get it back so it can once again have the only music Cricket coverage should ever have, you know the one I mean. Can't think of the name right now.

Soul Limbo - that's the one. And Channel 4's cricket coverage is one of my hobby-horses. It was, as you say, brilliant, and more importantly, free to everyone.

I'm stuck with Five's highlights and tbf they're doing a very good job. I never thought I'd say this, but Benaud is annoying me a bit. His punditry is very, very Australia-biased. But, he could have been told to do that by the producers, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Still adds loads of gravitas to the show, as does Boycott. Nicholas' hyperbole is infectious - perfect for an Ashes series.

Soul Limbo - that's the one. And Channel 4's cricket coverage is one of my hobby-horses. It was, as you say, brilliant, and more importantly, free to everyone.

I'm stuck with Five's highlights and tbf they're doing a very good job. I never thought I'd say this, but Benaud is annoying me a bit. His punditry is very, very Australia-biased. But, he could have been told to do that by the producers, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Still adds loads of gravitas to the show, as does Boycott. Nicholas' hyperbole is infectious - perfect for an Ashes series.

That sounds a lot better tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread