TV Coverage

I have to say I much prefer the commentary on sky when they are commenting on the domestic stuff! They aren't doing a great job of the Ashes atm and Warney is making it bearable. But tbh to be able to talk well enough for 25 days of cricket in a Test match and keep everyone interested is gonna take some doing.

I really like the Sky coverage, especially Nasser Hussain... very interesting man that he is. I think they make a great grouping, and certainly keep me more entertained that the dull 5 lot.

Also, outside of commentary, the Sky service is way better, I can watch the cricket at work with SkyPlayer, which is a huge improvement on radio and waiting til I get home for highlights...

Gotta love Warnie's commetry. I loved his comment about Bopara lol

Basically he said Bopara is crap and will never make it because he gets inside his own head too much.

Basically he said Bopara is crap and will never make it because he gets inside his own head too much.

Gotta love Warnie, has no problem telling it how he sees it. Bopara does have that youthful arrogance about him, I like his confident nature but can also see how it can be to his detriment. He is definitely not a number 3. KP just might have to suck it up and move to that position.

Bopara got carried away today, Sure Hilfy set him up beautifully but Bopara was too full of himself after those 2 drives. He does not seem to have a defensive side to his game and for a number 3 that is a big no no.

KP doesn't have the responsibility, if we lose an early wicket then we're 1 down for 5 then KP will try and reverse sweep Brett Lee and lee us 2-5 and Bopara the next man in. I would actually like Cook at 3, he did well there before and he can stick out tough spells but then we have no-one to open.

KP doesn't have the responsibility, if we lose an early wicket then we're 1 down for 5 then KP will try and reverse sweep Brett Lee and lee us 2-5 and Bopara the next man in. I would actually like Cook at 3, he did well there before and he can stick out tough spells but then we have no-one to open.

How much longer can we let KP go on without taking responsibility for his shot selection and style of playing. Its getting quite old and the "Thats how I play" excuse is starting to cost us matches. I admire KP and he is one of my favorite players but he needs to grow the f up. And then he wonders why he was stripped of the captaincy.

The commentary team needs some color. I want Geoff Boycott!

The commentary team needs some color. I want Geoff Boycott!

thats why TMS is soooo much better. Boycs is the best commentator that ever lived! TMS can also be accessed for free in any country by going to BBC Rado Five Live. Not like SkyPlayer which they refuse to let anyone outside of the UK access.

thats why TMS is soooo much better. Boycs is the best commentator that ever lived! TMS can also be accessed for free in any country by going to BBC Rado Five Live. Not like SkyPlayer which they refuse to let anyone outside of the UK access.
That's because you can only have Sky if you live in the UK. If you lived overseas, you wouldn't have Sky, so what use would Sky Player be?

I disagree on the Sky team comments. I think they are the best commentary team in world televised cricket. You can't get annoyed by these commentators as you can other countries, because English commentators have no accents - or in Bumble's case, a comical one.

That's because you can only have Sky if you live in the UK. If you lived overseas, you wouldn't have Sky, so what use would Sky Player be?

I disagree on the Sky team comments. I think they are the best commentary team in world televised cricket. You can't get annoyed by these commentators as you can other countries, because English commentators have no accents - or in Bumble's case, a comical one.

haha you might have started a war here mate.
I like Nasser and Holding. Bumble is good for comic relief but he is usually a broken record. SKy makes it look all pretty and has good production values, cant argue that. However Boycs is a legend, and I like hearing what he has to say.

The commentary team needs some color.
They have Michael Holding. badum-tish.

Hmarkas I agree with you KP is just acting like a dick. The problem I have is KP is still our best batsmen and still scores more than anyone. I really don't like criticising him when other lads aren't making enough runs. The player who gets the most stick should be the one who scores the least. However we have to criticise him because he is just giving his wicket away, the other players just aren't as good and can't produce the results he can but days like today he got out just because he is too impatient and can't control himself. KP will likely score more than Colly this series but Colly will be playing at about 95% of his maximum ability, he will just try and try whilst KP will play at around 70%, he cares just as much but he gets too cocky. I think he feels like it's becoming too easy for him at a certain point and test cricket isn't easy for anyone unless your name is Bradman. Before he got out in the 90's against South Africa playing a silly shot he was converting every time he got to 50, I don't know what's up with him right now but we need him to get back to that form because he seems to be getting starts more often than ever before.

Everytime he gets to the crease if he just buckles down he can easily make 50-100. Your right about his impatience. Like today just before tea when he almost got out handling the ball and then tried that daft hook shot. He has played in EVERY test for us since his debut. maybe dropping him for 1 might set him straight. ( I cringe at the thought of it)

Gotta love Warnie, has no problem telling it how he sees it. Bopara does have that youthful arrogance about him, I like his confident nature but can also see how it can be to his detriment. He is definitely not a number 3. KP just might have to suck it up and move to that position.

Bopara got carried away today, Sure Hilfy set him up beautifully but Bopara was too full of himself after those 2 drives. He does not seem to have a defensive side to his game and for a number 3 that is a big no no.

He was also going on about how he turns up three hours early to sign autographs, like he thinks he some kind of superstar. I had to LOL at that, Warnie is just such a classy guy :D

Users who are viewing this thread