TV Coverage

Warne may not back until the 3rd test.
Poker millions lure Warne away from Ashes | Cricket News | The Ashes - England v Australia 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Tearing it up in Vegas. $100,000 up.

phpThumb.php

How else will John Terry get paid ?150,000 a week?

Been getting the Sky feed here in Australia on SBS and I'm getting annoyed with the commentary. I swear almost 50% of the chat is about field placings. Should move this man here, what's that guy doing out there, I'd like to see a <fielding position> in for <batsman>. Botham and Lloyd in particular. Nasser a fair bit too. Atherton and Gower are a bit more diplomatic but are not immune from it either. Michael Holding is the guy I like because he is generally talking more about what the BOWLER should be doing, rather than the captain.

That's the problem when you put ex-captains in the box, they can only think about captaincy. Nine has similar issues here in Australia.

Apart from that there are some excellent observations, like Mike Atherton dissecting Phil Hughes' technique and his stiff hips. But less of the field placing whining would be great.

The SBS commentary (MacGill, Marto and Mathews) is really bad. Didn't like that at all when I listened to 15 minutes of it after play. Compared to Flemo, Junior and the other bloke that hosts (always forget his name) it's crap. Fox sports anaylsis team are good, they discuss better issues, better analysis and Flemo and Juniour are always funny.

MacGills not a presenter, Martos just taking it as he comes and Matthews is trying to be "that guy" who knows it all. Terribly frustrating to watch honestly. Usually I try to tune in for the game time only and I'll just listen to music whenever they talk.

*Shreds hair out*

The SBS commentary (MacGill, Marto and Mathews) is really bad. Didn't like that at all when I listened to 15 minutes of it after play. Compared to Flemo, Junior and the other bloke that hosts (always forget his name) it's crap. Fox sports anaylsis team are good, they discuss better issues, better analysis and Flemo and Juniour are always funny.
Nick McArdle, he's a star, absolutely love him. Just a great bloke.

Junior's just awesome. Ever see that Fox Sports Travel ad? Him saying 'Don't just see it, do it!' has changed my life. Flemo's pretty good, Kasper sounded stoned a couple of nights ago, Bichel was Bichel, I can tolerate BJ, AB pisses me off, Gillespie's a star, and Stuey Clark was good in South Africa, with his suggestion of Mitch taking second slip after Haydos retired.

"May as well put him there, I mean, he's good at everything else, why not?" :P

Yeah gotta love Nick McArdle even though I didn't know his name :p. Always love watching him host on Fox sports, talks a lot of sense. I don't mind BJ when talking domestic cricket but not a fan of him at the international stage. Stick with Nick, Juniour and Flemo for a majority of the series me thinks.

Yesterday Shane Warne was knocked out of the World Series of Poker so he should be able to commentate on the Lord's Test.

I hate MacGill as a host- he is absolutely hopeless. He can't host to save his life, Marto is hated by all so no-one likes him and Matthews is bearable. But nothing is worse then the English commentary! SO BORING! "Field placement here, big Freddie here, Jimmy Anderson there, Hughes and bouncers here".

Hate it.

I bloody hate MacGill, especially his stupid smile. I dont mind Marto but bloody Matthews, he`s ████.

Yeah, his smile he pulls when hes throwing away to a commercial or something is really punchable.

Users who are viewing this thread