TV Coverage

I hate MacGill as a host- he is absolutely hopeless. He can't host to save his life, Marto is hated by all so no-one likes him and Matthews is bearable. But nothing is worse then the English commentary! SO BORING! "Field placement here, big Freddie here, Jimmy Anderson there, Hughes and bouncers here".

Hate it.

Marto is probably the best of the lot imo. Though tbf I didn't watch much of them, couldn't stand it.

Why cant bloody Channel 9 host this. They have a way better team IMO. SBS, Get bloody MacGill and Matthews out.

I actually prefer Healy as a commentator, as annoying as you may find him I reckon' him and Slats' add more of a contemporary feel in contrast to Tony Greig and the great Benaud to which I seem to get bored quite easily; not in a entirely bad way though.

David Lloyd is funny in England cause he goes on about things that have nothing to do with anything. I laughed so hard when England were playing NZ and Strauss dropped a catch wearing sun glasses and he wouldn't stop going on about sunglasses.

NZ's Smithy's the best though.

How BAD is Stuart MacGill. It's so painful to watch his smile, the way he talks, the way he forgets what to say, it just seems so fake and its as if he basically crapping himself because this is the first time he is hosting something.

My favourite was one at the end of one of the days, he was promoting the Ashes highlights shows for the following day and he completely forgot his lines, and their was just an awkward silence for 10 seconds before he decided to do that fake smile of his and simply stare at the camera :noway

Yeah well he`s a complete idiot, he is just making a total fool out of himself. Nowadays i dont watch the half an hour talk before the Ashes anymore his stupid idiotic face makes me puke. I just go on SBS right at 8:00. :mad:

Haha, MacGill and that smile, I wanna get a capture of that as my avatar.

Sky team is terrible, all they do is bash KP. Only decent person on there is Holding. I prefer to listen to TMS with the TV on mute.

It sucks that with digital TV in Australia there's a delay between the radio commentary and TV pictures. I might have to switch back to non-digital for the 2nd Test. I really don't like the TV commentary much. In Australia we get the Test Match Special radio broadcast which is pretty good.

It sucks that with digital TV in Australia there's a delay between the radio commentary and TV pictures. I might have to switch back to non-digital for the 2nd Test. I really don't like the TV commentary much. In Australia we get the Test Match Special radio broadcast which is pretty good.
You could get digital radio, that way the radio will be behind the vision instead of the other way around :).

I thought id never say this but I find channel 9 commentators much better

Sky team is terrible, all they do is bash KP. Only decent person on there is Holding. I prefer to listen to TMS with the TV on mute.

At the moment it's bash Mitch Johnson. Fair enough he didn't bowl too well this morning, but David Gower in particular was going out of his way to highlight his ineptitude. Before this tour the hype machine surrounding Mitch was massive and misleading. Poor Mitch was lauded as some fast bowling god who was going to swing the ball viciously at 95mph. He's not. Get over it Sky boys...

Users who are viewing this thread