TV Coverage

We've got a ton of Aussies over there doing work for Fox Sports. Surely they could be invited to join. It's all about the $$$ I guess.

If you got a HD sky box with a HD tv then you'll understand why we pay for sky sports, the picture quality is amazing on my 50 inch. But then agen, I still believe the Ashes should be shown on standard TV channel for those to watch who are unable to afford the sky package.

Yes, HD looks amazing and there's no better commentary team than Sky's for me. Will be better when Warne arrives.

Sky will have contracts with all their current commentators so they would save money by not getting any Aussies and I bet Warney wasn't cheap either. I reckon they might get Vaughan in for a stint at some point.

The commentary in the main is awful. Hussain, Atherton and Holding are decent, but the rest are quite annoying. Well, Hussain's good when he's not trying to judge players ability anyway.

Yeah, I get extremely annoyed when their is emphasis on the '-ging' whenever I hear the word swinging. But nonetheless free coverage, I got foxtel which is basically the same as what SBS airs so if the rent's wanna' watch whatever I just go to my room.

Last edited:
I don't see everyones problem with the Sky team. They're very easy to listen to imo, I quite dislike when they get commentators for the other nation and they just don't fit in, it makes it so dull. Bumble still is fun to listen to, the T20 WC just overkilled his phrases but he still has useful insight and good comments.

Stop whining people, you don't HAVE to watch The Ashes ;):eek:

The one commentator that I really thought fit in with the Sky commentary team was Ramiz Raja - simply because he knew what he was doing (and has done several stints with Sky in the past).

Another one that would easily fit in is prehaps Boycott.

He anchors Five's coverage.

Complete w@nker, let's get someone less smug and a little more important presenting. Give boycs the job, tells it as it is and considerably less iritating than MN. And get shot of Simon Hughes, I'm sure they think they're teaching the ignorant about cricket, but a two or three minute slot on how Johnson released two deliveries different is hardly going to make the audience better bowlers.

I don't see everyones problem with the Sky team. They're very easy to listen to imo, I quite dislike when they get commentators for the other nation and they just don't fit in, it makes it so dull. Bumble still is fun to listen to, the T20 WC just overkilled his phrases but he still has useful insight and good comments.

Stop whining people, you don't HAVE to watch The Ashes ;):eek:

I think bringing in an Aussie would help a lot. You say it get's dull when there is someone from another country, well how much more dull can it get. All of them pretty much sprout the same stuff, Atherton and Holding are the only decent ones.

I think bringing in an Aussie would help a lot. You say it get's dull when there is someone from another country, well how much more dull can it get. All of them pretty much sprout the same stuff, Atherton and Holding are the only decent ones.

I didn't say they are all dull, I said if they don't fit in they become dull. You need someone with a good personality and character to be able to excite things in the Sky commentary team, which is why I'd assume they've gone for only Warne and noone else.

Sky's commentary has never been based on entertainment for test cricket, the guys in the commentary box do keep themselves entertained but it doesn't mean it is going to humour everyone in the world, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread