Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters
P

pcfan123

What isn't fair in regards to NSW? We are playing with our actual domestic squad not a bunch of players we bought at an auction.

Spot on mate, spot on. The IPL teams are worthless if you take out the foreign players. If it was just Indian domestic it would be no where near as hyped and successful as it has been.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Spot on mate, spot on. The IPL teams are worthless if you take out the foreign players. If it was just Indian domestic it would be no where near as hyped and successful as it has been.

And the funny thing is that even with all these foreign players who were supposed lift the IPL to higher levels than the rest of the other domestic teams but the so far have only being on the losing side.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also, don't players who have both their IPL team and their actual homeland domestic in the competition have to take preference for the IPL team?

Bluebagger added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

And the funny thing is that even with all these foreign players who were supposed lift the IPL to higher levels than the rest of the other domestic teams but the so far have only being on the losing side.

I don't know about other domestic teams worldwide but in Australia playing for Victoria and New South Wales is an honour almost on par with playing for Australia (if you are from the actual respective states) given the incredible history of both domestic teams and the amount of famous players who have played for both teams. You just can't buy that sort of stuff when you create a team for the mighty $.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Also, don't players who have both their IPL team and their actual homeland domestic in the competition have to take preference for the IPL team?

Yeah, but they have to pay the other domestic team a set amount of money.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Bluebagger added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I don't know about other domestic teams worldwide but in Australia playing for Victoria and New South Wales is an honour almost on par with playing for Australia (if you are from the actual respective states) given the incredible history of both domestic teams and the amount of famous players who have played for both teams. You just can't buy that sort of stuff when you create a team for the mighty $.

It's like that in New Zealand too, Brendon McCullum said it best a couple of months back when he said he had no interest at all of playing for another team.

Bluebagger

International Coach
And I am glad he chose Otago over NSW.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Guys, So far in the tournament, Banglore team did lose one game and Delhi Team even lost a game.
Coming to first game, Everything went fine for Banglore except Duminy.
If Duminy would have got out at 70's or 80's, the situation would have been in another way. And RCB managed to take out openers for 14 runs. (14-2) and then on, Duminy went on...

Coming to Delhi VS Victoria match,
Pitch was a bowling surface. Bushies got some early wickets and even got wickets at the right time where as Dareies din't get as they lacked in a quality bowler. Dan missed out, Collingwood missed out, and Dirk Nannes' weakness would have been well known by Bushies as he even plays for that team. Coming to Nehera, he'd have been overconfident slightly by getting selected to India Squad for CT 09. And the people who did job was Mishra, Dilshan who did play what they actually play. And even Gambhir's poor captaincy even was part of loss as if Virender Sehwag or Dilshan would have been captain, they's have done something which he couldn't do as Gambhir don't have International experience as Captain.
And Watch out for the Chargers today. They'll win for sure as opponent is not much strong and having Symonds, Edwards, Rohit, RP, Ojha in leadership of Gilchrist is not anything jovial matter.

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Edit: And the opponent team was not jovial team for Delhi as VB contained many Internationally experienced players like Siddle, Hodge, White, etc..

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Too bad that original Delhi and Bangalore domestic sides did not played. They are far better than these ipl clubs.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Edit: And the opponent team was not jovial team for Delhi as VB contained many Internationally experienced players like Siddle, Hodge, White, etc..

Internationals developed by Victoria and not players who were paid huge bags of cash to play for a souless team.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Internationals developed by Victoria and not players who were paid huge bags of cash to play for a souless team.

I agree with you and even here we had many international players. But as they all belong to one country, coordination in them will be good where as if you see here, coordination in them WILL NOT coincide as Dilshan may shout in Sri Lankan Language (to run) (Dunno what it is:D) as he'd have got addicted in shouting that kind but if Sehwag hears it, he might not understand which may lead in a run out. And even while fielding, Shah would have shout in English Ascent where as Bhatia wouldn't have understood it and threw at other end. This is all because communication difference which is clear in the teams who imported overseas players.

Bluebagger

International Coach
You raise a good point I actually never thought of. I don't know about Dilsah but Sangakarra speaks absolute perfect English so I would imagine maybe at the highest level a few of the Sri Lankans would speak English, especially due to Tom Moody's former presence, but it is still a valid point. I would imagine those issues are addressed in some sort of team meeting or something before the tournament and most of those players played with each other during the IPL, didn't they?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with you and even here we had many international players. But as they all belong to one country, coordination in them will be good where as if you see here, coordination in them WILL NOT coincide as Dilshan may shout in Sri Lankan Language (to run) (Dunno what it is:D) as he'd have got addicted in shouting that kind but if Sehwag hears it, he might not understand which may lead in a run out. And even while fielding, Shah would have shout in English Ascent where as Bhatia wouldn't have understood it and threw at other end. This is all because communication difference which is clear in the teams who imported overseas players.

Yes and No, it's pretty simple really.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
You raise a good point I actually never thought of. I don't know about Dilsah but Sangakarra speaks absolute perfect English so I would imagine maybe at the highest level a few of the Sri Lankans would speak English, especially due to Tom Moody's former presence, but it is still a valid point. I would imagine those issues are addressed in some sort of team meeting or something before the tournament and most of those players played with each other during the IPL, didn't they?

Mate, I even played a interschool tournament where we Narayana (My School) people from all districts got together.
When I asked to run, people did not run resulting in a run out.
And When I raised that point before start of match, no one was worried about that.
And same thing happens in IPL or CL as when coach or some higher official says, they just nod head and on field, they just talk in the language they have practice. And players like Paidikalva Vijay Kumar did even say that in Local news channels about this when IPL 1 was on.
He din't knew even Hindi and he was playing on International tournament.
That causes great problem. At Least, Praveen Kumar Knows Hindi so that Dhoni or Dravid would understand it and communicate it.
When it comes to Vijay, He has to talk with Laxman and Laxman should understand his ascent and translate to english. TBH, I even don't understand Vijay's Telugu Ascent as he talks a bit rural language which I can;t understand.

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Yes and No, it's pretty simple really.

as said in above post by me, Indians say "Bhag..!!" which means to run. And Dilshan may shout in his own language as he got addicted to shout in that language.

TBH, Paidikalva Vijaykumar was not taken to South Africa for IPL 2 as he din't knew Language. Everything was fine but because of his language (He don't even know HINDI, National Lang.)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The different languages I don't think would hinder the running between the wickets very much, it's not hard to get everyone to say two different words for yes and no is it.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We here think the same. But in Pressure, You don't even know what you speak. You just shout in the language you do most frequently. And unfortunately, if the other don't know that, gone case..!!
For example, I now say "Mee Peru Howsie" What do you understand??

I just said that "your name is Howsie." which you couldn't understand while reading at the one in telugu. But I even agree what you said. Saying Yes, No is not a big thing but in pressure, it happens. I may say "Run.." where as you may say "Yep.."
But this is one main thing which damages the game.

Params7

International Cricketer
Nearly all IPL players speak English, though broken, but enough to be understood by the foreigners, this isn't a grammar class, talking with just keywords is enough (look at Inzaman Ul Haq, I mean if he could get through then it shouldn't be difficult for anybody else). I don't think its a big deal at all for running between wickets. Plenty of times I've heard Ind/Pak cricketers go "Yes yes yes!!" instead of "Aja ajaaa" or "NOOOOO" or "NAAAAAAA".

Users who are viewing this thread