Twenty20 Cup in England

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Twenty20 Cup is a new competition in England, played between the 18 county sides.

It's a 20 over a-side competition, with matches less than 3 hours long, with music during the game, and entertainment before the match and during the interval.

It's designed to attract a new audience to cricket. Do you think it's a good idea?

With music and entertainment in th break, it would produce a Caribbean environment, but I beleive that this could turn the game into much of commercial importance rather than purity. With slogging coming into play, the game would surely deteriorate which will directly upset the upcoming players.
I've always beleived that test cricket is the best form of cricket.

I agree, but if you go to a county championship match in England these days, you sometimes need binoculars to see the nearest spectator. People aren't interested in cricket, so anything that captures the public imagination can only benefit the game in the long run. A similar thing happened in New Zealand with Max Cricket, and they got a whole new audience to the game.

I fail to see how anyone could call it boring though.

I guess with Footsal (a fast paced indoor version of football) becoming popular why not Cricket too ?
eyebrow.gif

i guess it'd b a pretti gud idea...but if attract most of the cricket fanz totally..and leave normal cricket boring and 'useless'....

however, itz a good target to get non-cricket playing nations involved

For those interested, you can listen to commentary from all Twenty20 cup games on the BBC sport website.

Click here to listen.

For UK readers, several games are being shown on Sky TV. If you don't have sattelite or cable, there is one game on Channel 4 on Saturday morning.

I got to see a game on TV this morning, and I have to say it was great. It was just like the last 20 overs of a standard one day game, with a bit of slogging and lots of variation from the bowlers. I think this could be a great concept and a good thing for cricket!

ooooooo iam sorry sir but i think thats some fast game ...... who win in 20-20 who have the best bowler & best batsman in team....what about BAN, KEN, SCO, ...? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread