Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Two Long Months...
Where the Talent met Opportunity.

It was way back in February this year, when I broke my left leg and I was declared unfit to play the remaining season of Ranji Trophy. I was playing for a team where I was a customary man on the bench- but I've got one game against Orissa, considering they were not so strong. I had decent run with the ball- two wickets, one in each innings and I played a good 40 balls coming at #6- ensuring that I played strong defense along with my friend- who I knew personally too. We both saved the match somehow and after that match- I was put on the list of the people who were probable to play the next match against Tamil Nadu. But unfortunately- while bowling at the nets, my ankle twisted and doctors after having studied the reports of my X-Ray- declared that my left leg underwent a hairline fracture and I was out of the team for 6 weeks.

I returned home- started going to uni with crutches so that my academic degree will not be in trouble. In that daily routine- I had few calls from various IPL franchisees and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be selected in any of them- those calls were just mandatory ones- like how I received an year ago.

One fine day, I went to the home of my girl, where I was invited for a lunch. It was a casual call up- couple of our friends were there as well. I lied at home that I'd be in university, but I never expected a call from the man himself- "Rahul Dravid" to have a small informal personal interview.

I thought I should answer in a diplomatic way- but once I was reminded about "Rahul Dravid- the timeless Steel" book I recently read. I decided to answer truth- whatever was the result.

Rahul Dravid: So, Prithvi- how are you?

Prithvi: I'm fine, sir- Thankyou. How are you?

Rahul Dravid: I'm fine, thank you. This is a Wednesday and going by your daily routine- you must be at your uni. How are you able to answer me?

Prithvi: I've bunked with my friends, sir.

Rahul Dravid: Bunk? I hope you won't be doing the same when you turn up with Royal Bugles on your heart.

*This reply made me excited. Was he giving a hint that I was selected for Rajasthan Royals or what? I just wanted to say yes- but I said something else*

Prithvi: Sir, the atmosphere there will not demand that I need to bunk. Class room has atmosphere where I gets ideas of bunking- but never on field, sir.

Rahul Dravid: It has been understood that you are fascinated about trains. In case you are in the roster of Rajasthan Royals, you will not be able to see a train for two months. So, still you want to join Rajasthan Royals?

Prithvi: Sir, it is pretty much true that I'm a person who likes trains- but that doesn't mean I'll be with them daily. Although I'm prepared for not to see a train for two months, but whenever I get some free time- may be I'll go forward.

Rahul Dravid: Well in that case, can you just fly over to Jaipur- instead of taking a train- so that you could sign a contract with Rajasthan Royals for one year?

*This was like a de-ja-vu. Something that I kept on seeing in my dream every night. I controlled my emotions- tears flew, but I kept the voice unchanged.*

Prithvi: Yes, sir. When am I expected to be there?

Rahul Dravid: Aren't you in euphoria- no change in voice or whatsoever?
*This time- I had no other choice*
Prithvi: *shouts* YESS SIR! I am indeed in full euphoria!!!!

Rahul Dravid: *laughs* Congrats Prithvi. The ticket will be mailed to you in few minutes from now. Just make sure you won't miss the flight.

Prithvi: Sure thing, sir *hangs up the call*

Euphoria! What followed was mad party for hours!

To be continued.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally a story here! Good start, loved reading the conversation. Will be interesting to see how your IPL stint goes. :thumbs

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Story forum is alive again :)

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Is It True

After partying hard with my friends as soon as the news rolled out- everyone wished me good luck with my career. I got a pop up in my phone about the mail- which contained the tickets. I had one day for packing things- but this time- I was just going to sign contract. I arranged all the things what all they mentioned in the mail. They asked me to get the latest fitness report, the list of medicines I was using for the injury and a latest x ray of the fractured site.

The injury I pulled up was subsiding day by day. I was without any crutches- I could just walk freely. I was supposed to use steroids, but I din't use them because their side effects are unknown. I got myself ready and I went to meet my local club coach. He was amused to know about Rahul Dravid himself calling me. All my team mates wished me luck, so did my coach. He being a old person- had numerous things to say- about how to behave with senior players and all. All I could do is just nod my face and say "yes, sir".

My girl- Satya and couple of my other friends- J.Manish Sharma (MJ) and Megha accompanied me to airport. We left to the airport well ahead of the schedule so that we could do some go karting at AirPort- and we had some good time at airport as well. They are friends- we have fun wherever we are left with a small room;).

Hyd_AirportE1.JPG

This beautiful airport has numerous good byes and numerous smiles. I had to check in here and when one cries when you are going away- awesome it feels.​

I checked in and the as usual drama of a girlfriend started. She started crying "I'm gonna miss you dear"... and then I thought "looks like I've completed my IPL career:rolleyes". But to the world- I just held her in my arms- gave her a strong kiss on her forehead and guess what- she fell for it:cheers. The other two friends of mine gave me a nice hug and wished me good luck with great smiles on their faces:thumbs.

:wave:wave Hyderabad!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Hugs Hugs Everywhere :D so you are gonna sign a contract very soon thats good :thumbs

bumbisoft

International Coach
Finally a story! After a long time. Lets hope it's good. How are you going to simulate?

I might start a story thread too.:yes

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Finally a story! After a long time. Lets hope it's good. How are you going to simulate?

I might start a story thread too.:yes

I have to decide what I need to do. Mostly I'll simulate the RR matches with PCCS and rest all will be put up some random scores.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rather simulate other games and do manual scores for games involving RR so that you can completely control the storyline.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Jaipur, here I come!

As soon as the hot air hostess (who I was looking all the time:p) announced that we were allowed to take the belts off- I had mixed feelings. the fear of meeting new people, missing the sexy hostess, and moreover- being for the first time in the Pink city- alone. Some talk to self and I was ready for everything. There was a person standing with my name on a placard. I proved my identity and I was taken to a school- some Sanskar School- where the RR had some camp for signing in players.

As they asked for- I submitted all the documents they wanted me to give. The fitness report read that I was expected to play from April 2nd, 2013- which means I was available to entire IPL season, if I won't be getting into injuries from now. As soon as the team physio checked all of them- he gave a nod to someone standing in there. Then I was asked to go in a room- where I experienced best moments of my life.

Rahul Dravid, who instantaneously became my idol after reading a book on him- was right in front of me. Excitement and nervousness. He greeted me "Good afternoon Prithvi! Take your seat."
*goosebumps, goosebumps and goosebumps*
He asked what I'd take- soft drink or tea or South Indian style Coffee or Hyderabadi style Irani Chai. I said "Thankyou sir, but how can one want anyone of those when you have your idol sitting in front."

He laughed for a while- then ordered some soft drink for both of us. He asked me various things like how was I injured, a bit about how I was doing in my academics and all. I replied patiently- although he never went boring. Finally he asked if I was okay playing for Rajasthan Royals. I said that I was super fine playing for RR:thumbs.

He took out some papers from his draw- put in in front of me and he asked me to read them. It took around 20 minutes by the time I read every word and then I decided to put on sign. I had to wait for 10 minutes- so that the auspicious time would be coming in and it was RD himself, who insisted me to wait over ten minutes.

In the meanwhile, he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked few like- where in he stayed at Bengaluru and what was process of being into NCA and all. He replied to every question patiently.

It was 1:30 and the auspicious time was on- I signed on those papers:cheers!

To be continued..

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles