UFC 2009 Undisputed

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Same difficulty as me. I gave up on the No Touch achievement as soon as I started my Middleweight career :p I lost my first match at Middleweight haha, the one in the gym. Flash Knockout, was gutted.

Wilson Gouveia yeh? He's pretty decent on the ground, but I'm guessing you've not taken on Rampage Jackson (more of a takedown and ground and pound guy), Lyoto Machida (Bloody good submission artist), or Forest Griffin, those guys are much better on the ground than Wilson, so I'd try and avoid those 3 if you don't like the ground game much!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah i'll keep those in mind. I might just start a new career and really build my groundwork and submission skills up because when the bouts are fough standing up I just own. Class game, very steep learning curve but enjoyable when you pull off a win.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Heavyweight's a good class to play in. The field's pretty even, and not too reliant on the ground game, unless you fight Minatauro or Mir. Luckily I've managed to avoid Mir, but Nog hammered me when I fought him. Lesnar's pretty good as well, his takedowns are superb, very difficult to defend against as he's so strong. I've got my first Title defense against Lesnar next on my Heavyweight save, just working on my Middleweight guy atm though, starting to get him fairly well rounded and decent.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Well, I just lost my first Title defence to Lesnar. He took me down, got into full mount and ground and pounded me into a TKO. Since that disappointing loss though I've managed to get 3 really good sparring sessions in, and my stats are really improving. My first fight after the Lesnar one was against former Champ, Werdum. He took me down really early, but I battled out of his guard, and BOOM right hook knocked him clean out exactly a minute into the 1st round.

Then after that I fought the Pit Bull Andrei Arlovski. Was a brutal fight, with both of us going all out in the stand up. I knocked him down twice, and also took him down and ground and pounded him. Then late in the 1st round I knocked him down again, hopped on top and pounded my way to another TKO victory. In good form, and I'm gonna go hunting for Lesnar's Title!

Edit:
What a fight! Just managed to take out Frank Mir, and was very fortunate to do so. He pretty much ran the fight. Consistently taking me down and getting into mount, but I managed to get out every time, and avoid the submissions which was pleasing. He did manage to get a few punches in from mount, leading to a cut above my eye, but nothing too serious. I did manage to knock him down a couple of times with big punches, but he was never in any real danger. That is until midway through the 3rd round, he just left a chance to get on top and pound me out, and just jumped out of guard and stood me up. Then 2 big punches later it was over, Mir knocked clean out in the 3rd Round. Love it. Lesnars next!

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Man I want this game but I gotta save up for all these upcoming Cricket games lol. It looks really good though, the demo is very enjoyable. Just hate it when the opposition gets you down, I'm pretty rubbish at defending to that. When I'm up I'm usually the better player.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
There's more than 1 man that the roster's lacking. Royce Gracie, Randy Couture, and considering the Classic Fight's game mode, I'd have liked to have seen Shamrock and Severn, especially considering Tito Ortiz is on the game. Reliving Shamrock-Ortiz would have been awesome.

That's one heck of a record Matt, what difficulty are you playing it on?

It's Keith Jardine as well btw (Y).

They are good but they all pale in insignificance compared to Fedor :D Shamrock, Couture and Gracie would have been good, surprised with no Couture.

Seeing as they own the rights to Pride I though they should have done some classic Pride events, tbh I preffered pride. That's why I got really upset to see the ring get replaced with an octagon in sparring mode when I improved :D. The new octagon glitching out didn't help. Yellow cards were class, they should be brought into this game in classic pride fights :D. Lesnar is an absolute gun on this game. Going to play out UFC 98 tonight and make my results my official predictions. Although I'm sticking with Rashad to win even though everyone thinks he'll lose just because my mate hates his guts.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Agree with that, Lesnar is a beast. He's the only guy to consistantly challenge me in the last 3-4 years in my Heavyweight career. He's beaten me 3 times, taking the title off me once and successfully defending against me after that. I managed to win the title off him at one point, but he soon got it back. Was just lucky that Mir beat him which allowed me to butcher him and get my title back.

I'm in the last year of my contract now, so the last year before I retire and I've got a pretty solid record, 28-5. That included an 11 fight winning streak which Dana White seemed pretty impressed by. My dude now has quality stats as well, especially his stand-up, he's vicious when standing up. The Takedown defence has improved massively also, so I'm now able to thrash the decent BJJ/Sub guys like Nog, Mir and Gonzaga. Just Lesnar that I have a problem beating, I will defeat him again before the end of my career though, he's not getting the best of me, our record against eachother is going to end 3-3.

As for Couture, he's apparently signed up to some EA Sports MMA game that's in the works. Not sure of any details as of yet though.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I got one lucky win against him where I just threw a big right hand and sparked him. I have been ducking him ever since :D

Btw anyone else who has played the classic fights will I'm sure enjoy the videos beforehand :D

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
OMGWTFPWND!

I just ko'd Mir with one superman punch on something like my 11th attempt or something. IN YOUR FACE BITCH! IN YOUR PISSING FACE!

D

Deleted member 13648

Am currently Middleweight Champion of the Worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld. This game is beast. I twatted the ref earlier by accident. He came into break a clinch that was going nowhere, and I'd just pressed for a hook which hit him in the back. Herb Dean just shrugged it off, the massive legend. What's with Steve Mazzagatti? He just looks drunk all the time, and that moustache is keeping him from talking.

P

pcfan123

I played the demo, it seemed like the learning curve was really high. I am not into fighting sports so I gave it a pass. Looked very detailed and impressive though.

Users who are viewing this thread