On Hold Ultimate Team III | Gray Nicolls Championship - Round 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonty was there for the fielding. He was okayish a batsman. Unfortunately, the sim does not count fielding which is why this trade could be possible. Not to forget Pujara, the one from gold bracket last time is till a near gold.

Jonty was there for the fielding. He was okayish a batsman. Unfortunately, the sim does not count fielding which is why this trade could be possible. Not to forget Pujara, the one from gold bracket last time is till a near gold.
but pujara is not ok for odi format

but pujara is not ok for odi format
He is! One does simply average 54 and has 10 hundreds and 21 50s in 77 innings. That is a fifty is in around every 2 innings. That is incredible even for a man from India where high averages are nothing of rarity. I have watched him against South Africa A, India A and WI A in the few years and I think he is one of better players of 50 overs cricket in India. Because he has got the temperament he has been labelled as test player. Another player from India I can think of is Manoj Tiwary who has an exact opposite case. He has a solid technique but ever since he has bagged an IPL contract, he is labelled as a limited overs cricketer while in fact to me, what ever little I have seen of him, he looks a brilliant 4 day cricketer.

He is! One does simply average 54 and has 10 hundreds and 21 50s in 77 innings. That is a fifty is in around every 2 innings. That is incredible even for a man from India where high averages are nothing of rarity. I have watched him against South Africa A, India A and WI A in the few years and I think he is one of better players of 50 overs cricket in India.
But currently out of form :)

Both Pujara and Rhodes are batsmen. They cannot bowl.

So obviously having a gold batsman is worth more than having a silver batsman.

I don't think Iridium would have rated Rhodes as a gold for his fielding abilities.

Both Pujara and Rhodes are batsmen. They cannot bowl.

So obviously having a gold batsman is worth more than having a silver batsman.

I don't think Iridium would have rated Rhodes as a gold for his fielding abilities.
Right ! I too prefers that only :-)

But currently out of form :)
May be that is why he has lost his position in the gold bracket.

I still personally rank him high. Pretty much comparable to Marlon Samuels in WI test team, not by the playing style of course but by the importance and ability but that is my personal opinion. Totally unrelated topic but I thought he got a few roughies from the umpires during the Test series and there was a brilliant ball you could do nothing about by the best left arm spinner in Australia, Mitchell Johnson. :p

I have nothing against Pujara. His game is one dimensional.
He even didn't play all the matches in the IPL.

Rhodes is a class player. More of Ajay Jadeja kind of player.

I have nothing against Pujara. His game is one dimensional.
He even didn't play all the matches in the IPL.

Rhodes is a class player. More of Ajay Jadeja kind of player.
I like Rhodes the fielder. Nothing much about the batsman. He would have prolly made a better hockey player but thank God he chose cricket over hockey because had he not done that, we would prolly still be watching the sluggish fielders jogging after the ball.

Yeah the ball spun the way too much :p
That was the best setting up I saw in a long time. Johnson set Pujara up by bowling short and then came with this slow finger spinner from round the wicket. What a wicket! It would have done anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread