Uncle Sam's T20

There arent that many players from WI that play in the ICL. 4-5 at the most that I can remember.

I remember reading an article in the Inside Cricket magazine. It was amazing, apparently one WHOLE gang somewhere in America turned their backs to crime (Hopefully), and took up cricket. Holding tournaments and friendly matches around the neighbourhood.

Maybe one day Cricket will be a major sport in the USA.

*Waits for a sarcastic comment on the last sentence by another member.*

Cricinfo - Players warned against joining rebel US league

APL is banned just like the ICL, even before it made a step. ICC offically sucks. they dont want cricket to grow! and i wont be surprised if BCCI or Modi has something to do with this. Modi wants every penny out of every thing. he is even thinking about charging that "Fake IPL PLayer" too :mad

Gillespie and Martyn have joined the comp. Looks like they will be targeting the guys from the ICL comp now.
The first signings also include retired South African batsman Lance Klusener, New Zealander Nathan Astle, former Test captains Marvan Attapatu and Inzamam-ul-Haq. Other Australian ICL players are believed to be in discussions with the American league.

Start spreading the news … Gillespie heads for NY - Cricket - Sport

You cant find dates for IPL and now you guys wants APL also. :p

How can cricket get started here when even football (soccer) isn't even that popular? In the US it will always be american football > basketball > baseball.

How can cricket get started here when even football (soccer) isn't even that popular? In the US it will always be american football > basketball > baseball.

yea a good number of the hockey teams in the states are struggling. I would also add college sports or at least college football and basketball before cricket has a chance to take of.

No actually, it's like say promoting Cricket in Canada will make make it more popular then Ice hockey there, doesn't make sense right.

yea a good number of the hockey teams in the states are struggling. I would also add college sports or at least college football and basketball before cricket has a chance to take of.

Yeah making cricket a college sport would be better than just introducing an random premier league tbh. Every sport in the US stems from colleges. Hell they take their college american football very seriously. I've seen more people at a college level game than some international cricket games which is kind of upsetting.

Oh and just an example of how badly football performs here. Whenever there's an A. football game here at the uni, almost the entire student body attends. Stadium gets jampacked. I went to a football game for my Uni and we were playing against like the 3rd or 4th ranked team or something. There were maybe 20 people including me lol.

What college you go to Deerkick?

University of Michigan is absolutely huge on sports. American Football games sell out in the 45,000 stand stadiums each and every game. Michigan State University has the number 2 basketball team in the country, and has like 20,000 people attend a game. It's crazy.

College sports are a huge deal here. People wear college sports apparel more than actual professional teams. Don't forget that all the atheletes that play in the college sports get full scholarships (20,000-45+,000 a year) plus get picked up in the professional leagues in 10+ Million dollar contracts once they're out of school. It's a huge deal.

Michael Phelps went to the University of Michigan. :D GO BLUE

Users who are viewing this thread