Unofficial BLIC 2007 Tournament site

BarbadosBound

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

I was thinking of setting up a site to better manage Online BLIC tournaments, since the current forum approach seems difficult to maintain, when I stumbled upon this site ( http://ndeyebinta.com/1joomla/ ) via Google. Seems like a test/Dev site at the mo.
Anyone knows who is setting it up? Maybe we can share efforts?

Does anyone know if Codemasters will be setting up an Online Tournaments site for PC/360 anytime soon?

Last edited:
I emailed the developer of the site above and seems he has lost motivation to complete work on the site as he reckons the 'community' is non-existant and the game has too many limitations/bugs.

Judging by the number of replies, I guess he is right. lol

I guess I might not bother as well.

that sounds like a complete rip off of my Minnow Trophy, he's copied the format exactly

tommymac said:
that sounds like a complete rip off of my Minnow Trophy, he's copied the format exactly

ummm maybe because I was building it for you guys to use? :boxing :D

Any Tourney format, teams, leagues, playoffs etc is supported.

cmon trig, put it live! it looks ready for launch

Supports multiple Tourneys?

EarlCG said:
Looks like an excellent framework - would be a crying shame for it to go to waste.

TBH I built the site for you guys at PlanetCricket (will provide links back to PlanetCricket) to use for your tourneys and for me to brush up on my PHP coding/Joomla etc.

@Playkid, I can convert the sample Tournament there to emulate your Tournament Format and you can admin it all from there if you want (I?ll create a super user account for you to add/remove/edit any content and scores etc on the site itself directly from the front-end (you will be able to click a tiny EDIT icon only visible to you))

Remember, it?s a WIP (Work In Progress) test site, so will be a few bugs. I?ll be adding/tweaking features and functionality over time.

@ BarbadosBound
It Supports Unlimited Tourneys ran in Parallel with different combinations of rules/League & Playoff Structures etc. However, it will require additional coding, which with my time constraints, I might not be able to dedicate much time to.

Features
1). A Live chat room to discuss Matchups | Arrange a quick match | Discuss the after Match Report or general chit-chat.
2). TimeZone module so users can better arrange convenient times for matches.
3). Prediction Game
4). Stats | Match Reports | Automatically created forum to discuss each match
5). etc

Process
User Registers --> Assigned a Team --> User PM/Email/Live Chat/GameSpy to arrange Match with Opponents --> Submits Match Results / Report / Screenshots --> View Tournament Rankings --> Next Matchups

Going to Thorpe park with the kiddies? BBL

Users who are viewing this thread