Virender Sehwag: a big technical flaw made up with great hand-eye?

but then, are you suggesting that he got his triple hundreds because of bad bowling ??

its not bad bowling its just that not many bowlers can hit that length 6 out of 6 balls and sometimes the pitch just doesn't permit you to bowl that length.

Sehwag is a brilliant player that takes his chances when they come and he lives and dies by them. He has already had a few patches in his career where he found runs hard to come by and that has allot to do with his batting approach but that's what you get with Sehwag. Try to change him and you wont get half the player.

Its been well know for quite some time. I remember when he was touring Australia how the Aussie commentators would comment about his lack off footwork and the thing you mentioned as the way to get him out.

What i think that he should work on his footwork you know his hand and foot cordination lack a bit thats why he fails so often

Well..Well..whatever you people say lack of technique or footwork...But he is really devestating.....

He's just awesome. He's this good without the best technique. Imagine how good would he be with it. :)

And talking about technique, for the record, there is just one Rahul Dravid :hpraise

He is fine. Don't become Greg Chappell everyone.

We've known this for a while now.

That is probably the best length to bowl for any batsman.

His footwork is pathetic,but he has great hand eye co-ordination...

Surprisingly, his lack of footwork and overall lack of technique has hampered him alot in ODI cricket, but he remains one of the most dominant test match openers to ever play for India. Almost like a reverse effect.

Thank God god for players like Sehwag, He brings people into the stadiums. I'd rather watch Sehwag bat than Dravid, despite the obvious gap in technical efficiency. Its like watching Brazil play football as compared to Italy. Attacking flair all the way.

Surprisingly, his lack of footwork and overall lack of technique has hampered him alot in ODI cricket, but he remains one of the most dominant test match openers to ever play for India. Almost like a reverse effect.

Yeah, Sehwag defies convention. He is of a peculiar kind in world cricket and one of its kind.

Thank God god for players like Sehwag, He brings people into the stadiums. I'd rather watch Sehwag bat than Dravid, despite the obvious gap in technical efficiency. Its like watching Brazil play football as compared to Italy. Attacking flair all the way.
Completely agree with you. Does a 300 with good technique make any difference than a 300 with bad technique? He does it in half the time too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread