Visual Update (Ball, Stumps+Bails, Pitches+Outfields, Rope+Stadium Ads)

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
what in particular are you looking for?

and yes, i keep making scattered threads and posts for downloads, so if i keep trying to edit stuff eventually i'll just have to make one more thread for all my downloads and update the first post with each new download, so they are all in the same place

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
what in particular are you looking for?

and yes, i keep making scattered threads and posts for downloads, so if i keep trying to edit stuff eventually i'll just have to make one more thread for all my downloads and update the first post with each new download, so they are all in the same place

Just wanted some of the things, but no, leave it, I'll wait till you release your final pack :) .

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
demonstration of principle: overlay loosely inspired by ch. 9

attachment.php

how to use:

1. Put the "images" folder from the archive in the "client" folder found at:

Cricket Revolution\system\client

2. For the animated PowerPlay indicators to work correctly, go into the original "images.cr" file (using WinRar), navigate to images/animations, and then right-click on the folder named "PowerPlay" and rename it to "PowerPlay_orig".

You won't need the password for this action, and although you shouldn't need to back anything up because you should be able to give that folder its original name anytime, you are ultimately responsible for all downloads, what they contain, overwrites, etc. so do what makes you feel best.

Attachments

• screenie.jpg
    screenie.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 197
  • jb_ch9_overlay.rar
    240.1 KB · Views: 61

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Thank you so much, its brilliant ;)
People like you make this game so much more fun:D

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
oh i forgot to add:

for anybody working with the sequential images that make up the frames of animations, there is usually a file in each animation's folder with the extension .dml... opening it in notepad reveals that it is a list of the frames to be played.

when i was making the powerplay animation i kept having frames from the old animation pop in and out while the new one was playing, despite the fact that i had deleted them all from my new folder. to get around this, i renamed the actual folder inside the archive so that the game wouldn't even be able to FIND the original animation frames anywhere.

i don't really know why this is. i theorised that it might be because the .dml files are "scripts" of some sort, and having two of them, the games reads both of them and looks for all sorts of frames at various times.

the point of all that is that if anybody is having problems with their new animations being interrupted or replaced by frames from the old animations, try renaming the concordant folder in the original .cr archive.

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
old nets mod

put the "netPractice_stadium1" folder into your "Stadiums" folder at "Cricket Revolution\system\data\Stadiums". if you don't have a stadiums folder, make one, but you should have one if you downloaded my original patch, and the original patch includes the modified ground and pitches.

see previous posts for preview image- it might be too small to allow you to see some of the changes. the only things that are not changed are the gloves on the floor (because i didn't care about those) and the pads (because they are ostensibly pakistani pads, and since our favourite cricket game hails from there i figured i should leave it there :P)

Attachments

• jb-old-nets-visual-update.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread