Waqar Younis vs Wasim Akram

Who was the better bowler?

• Total voters

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now this should be interesting, there can't be any country bias here :p

So, who in your opinion was the better overall bowler for Pakistan? You cannot pick Waqar the ODI bowler and Wasim the test bowler (or vice versa). You can only pick one.

Discuss.

Wasim is my idol! I will always pick him when it comes to left arm fast bowlers (I am a left arm fast bowler myself).

I am not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Two legends each geniuses in their own way. Its like saying would you rather bang a supermodel or let a supermodel bang you.

I am not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Two legends each geniuses in their own way. Its like saying would you rather bang a supermodel or let a supermodel bang you.

Man, I have already had a very wild day. You push me into all those wild thoughts even more.:D

Incredibly tough to pick between the two strictly as bowlers, almost impossible. I'd pick Wasim for he was my idol growing up. On top of which he was definitely the more consistent of the two. Wasim had more guile whereas Waqar was just sheer talent. Waqar also loses points for sometimes losing it when he got hit around the park.

Of course if we're looking at them as cricketers on the whole it'd be Wasim without a doubt anyway, much better captain and a very useful batsman.

I always assumed Akram was the better one and just liked him more. However Younis is remarkable when you think he has a screwed up hand (I think that's right).

i am not gona vote. they are both good, both different types of bowlers. you cant compare them

This is a really really close one but Waqar just gets the lead for me. Loved his yorkers and the way he could reverse swing the ball. Although Wasim was capable to swing the ball both ways and swing it away from the right hander coming around the wicket which is a really hard thing to do.

I think Younis because of his ability to make batsmen be afraid. Akram never had the speed but he was a great bowler because of his line length and swing. Younis on the other hand started his own style of cricket this sheer pace style of cricket where if you are quick and smart you can get wickets.

Wasim :hpraise
Could bowl 7 different deliveries in one over. One for no ball. :p

this is really hard!!!
ummm..well I will coose Waim Akram because he could bat as well and for his 257*..amazing.
but Waqar and Wasim are the same in bowling

Lols. I don't think I can decide between the two. Both were amazing. Wasim in ODIS for his economy and Waqar in test for his incredible strike rate. It was about 45 or something,

I think this is an unfair question.Firstly how can you compare a left armer with a right armer ? and secondly how can one say that wasim or waqar is better than the other ? Both of them are legends in my book and they have contributed a lot to the game of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread