Warning, Read Before You Buy

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I cant dispute that this is a pretty good game, with some nice commentary (when they arent copying Maxwell and Ritchie from cricket 2004+5).
However there are some pretty alarming discrepancies.

No player stats on a world tour. Stupid, you play all the test teams from around the world in up to 6 test matches and 6 odi matches. Great in theory, but whats the point if you cant see any stats, ie batting averages or any graphs. This is just a no brainer. I will take back my words if someone knows where these stats can be found.

Cpu bowling unrealistically slow balls. Imagine Brett Lee bowling a 39 mph slower ball, around 3 or 4 times an over. Sometimes it will be a cpu fast slower ball at a whopping 45 mph. Daft, should have been corrected before release. Human bowling seems ok with regard to speed, certinly slightly better than the demo.

Terrible ai field placeings, including all men on the boundry when Zim had me 10/5.

I had to stop playing after discovering these, for me this is spoiling the game. Others may not care about stats, or realism, but this is a big factor for me. All i can hope for is a patch from Codies to fix these bugs.

There are many fine points about this game, but these flaws imo spoil a one player game completly.

My verdict so far, is only by this if you are happy with playing multiplayer. Cricket 2005 is much better one player.

Last edited:
i still havnt found cricket 2005 to be much fun but i hant played it that much so i am willing to give it a shot. my delivery didnt arrive today, hopefully monday

The_gas said:
I cant dispute that this is a pretty good game, with some nice commentary (when they arent copying Maxwell and Ritchie from cricket 2004+5).

No player stats on a world tour. Stupid, you play all the test teams from around the world in up to 6 test matches and 6 odi matches. Great in theory, but whats the point if you cant see any stats, ie batting averages or any graphs. This is just a no brainer. I will take back my words if someone knows where these stats can be found.

Cpu bowling unrealistically slow balls. Imagine Brett Lee bowling a 39 mph slower ball, around 3 or 4 times an over. Sometimes it will be a cpu fast slower ball at a whopping 45 mph. Daft, should have been corrected before release. Human bowling seems ok with regard to speed, certinly slightly better than the demo.

Terrible ai field placeings, including all men on the boundry when Zim had me 10/5.

I had to stop playing after discovering these, for me this is spoiling the game. Others may not care about stats, or realism, but this is a big factor for me. All i can hope for is a patch from Codies to fix these bugs.

There are many fine points about this game, but these flaws imo spoil a one player game completly.

My verdict so far, is only by this if you are happy with playing multiplayer. Cricket 2005 is much better one player.

thanx 4 ure honesty gas
i am off work watching the cricket deciding
whether 2 go and buy lara this afternoon
as i am tommy no mates i need a good 1
player game think i will stick 2 2005 4 now
once again thanx 4 ure opinion

The_gas said:

This doesn't bother me that much but all the same it's disappointing and I can see how it might annoy some people

Hopefully this and other problems can be fixed when we un-pack some of the data files. If we're lucky then things like the pacing of the bowling meter, the amount the ball can swing and the "width" of wides will be editable.

That's a real bugger and I guess it can't be edited.

Thanks for telling us.

And what is the multiplayer option? You can play with 2 (or more) players sitting behind your computer or you can with 2 players with the internet or LAN?

All this must signal it to RUBBERGENIUS

I'M VERY VERY DISGUSTED WITH CODIES, FOR ALL BUGS

:noway CODIES

C'MON, AT WORK FOR PATCH :onpc

Last edited:
The_gas said:
It is not an internet game.

Can you play it with within your own network then? Because that has nothing to do with internet.

No i dont think so, when i said multiplayer i meant with two or more friends on the same pc/console.

ha ha ..that's nice to hear Gas.
BLIC has been overhyped by Planet Cricket members/admins :p

Double Wicket mode is awesome!

In the semi-final of the Double Wicket Cup, The Grace Brothers beat The Sloggers! :)

Ok iv read alot of reviews.
one quesion, Is batting as easy as it was in the demo???

I think this has made my mind up, I am sticking with Cricket2004 and not gonna buy either C2K5 or BLIC. I had reservations about both games from the start, it's not acceptable for Codemasters/EA to release games with so many problems, I know most software contains the odd bug but it looks like neither firm can be bothered to even test the software correctly.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread