Wasim Akram : "Arguably" the greatest left-arm bowler ever?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Whenever i read an article about Wasim Akram, it always contains the words "arguably the greatest left-arm bowler ever", and it always pisses me off. Why "arguably" the best left-armer ever? Does any other left-armer have a better record than 916 international wickets at an average of 23? With those numbers, he can claim to be the greatest fast bowler of all time (arguably, this time), so how in the world can someone argue the fact that he's the greatest left-armer of all time?

Whenever i read an article about Wasim Akram, it always contains the words "arguably the greatest left-arm bowler ever", and it always pisses me off. Why "arguably" the best left-armer ever? Does any other left-armer have a better record than 916 international wickets at an average of 23? With those numbers, he can claim to be the greatest fast bowler of all time (arguably, this time), so how in the world can someone argue the fact that he's the greatest left-armer of all time?
Well, yes, that is pretty stupid saying "arguebly", but Brits usally say stuff like this. For example, they say "perhaps" so much and they say "lovely shot". What? What does love have to do with a cricket shot? Are you going to get married to it or what? Beautiful or good are better words to describe that. They probably think "arguebly" sounds more magnificent. they give more significanace to like Ian Botham and Flintoff. Sometimes, they are somewhat bias also.

Alan Davidson was pretty damn good, so was Garfield Sobers. Who cares about "arguably" there is no definitive "greatest" anything in cricket besides Don Bradman being the greatest batsman. Everything else is subjective argument.

Yea screw that one guy who took more wickets! And all the others with better averages! They're all rubbish!

Yes He is the best left arm fast bowler.... NO ARGUEMENT HERE....

My list of best arm fast bowlers goes like this...

1. Wasim Akram
  2. Wasim Akram
  3. Wasim Akram
  4. Wasim Akram
  5. Wasim Akram
  6. Wasim Akram
  7. Wasim Akram
  8. Wasim Akram
  9. Chaminda Vaas
  10. Mitchell Johnson
  11. Zaheer Khan

Yea screw that one guy who took more wickets! And all the others with better averages! They're all rubbish!
If he had got seam friendly surfaces at home, he'd have an average of less than 20. He was a lot more skillful than McGrath.

If he had got seam friendly surfaces at home, he'd have an average of less than 20. He was a lot more skillful than McGrath.
McGrath ? WHAT ....

We are talking about LEFT arm bowlers right ?

PS: I think Starc can take over :)
Left arm and all-time.
Starc has a lot of work to do to reach Wasim's heights.

Left arm and all-time.
Starc has a lot of work to do to reach Wasim's heights.

I know but look at his performances since the World Cup he has gone mad.Wasim is the best bowler EVER WTF NO.

Because despite everything, it is still an opinion and not a fact

Arguably is very apt here

I know but look at his performances since the World Cup he has gone mad.Wasim is the best bowler EVER WTF NO.
I can bet you all my vCash that Starc will not be as great as Wasim... Man just look at his record....

Users who are viewing this thread