Website Banned!

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Megaupload

banner.jpg

Well this is the first website to be banned! What next is coming I dont know but this sure is not looking good.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
They had it coming. They knew about pirated content but didn't properly respond to DMCA takedown requests. They got too greedy.
File sharing services can claim to be legitimate if they comply with right holders requests for removal of copyrighted material. I don't think rapidshare has anything to worry about.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Here are some good read:

Why the feds smashed Megaupload

Rapidshare's reaction:

RapidShare "not concerned" about Megaupload takedown

And what today happened:

FileSonic has disabled file sharing in wake of Megaupload takedown

I was wondering whether Megaupload had servers in USA. Otherwhile I can't understand why FBI could pick up somebody up in New Zealand. Or did the New Zealand authorities cooperate with them?

I've got a bad feeling this could be the year of the internet war.

I read the article and yes they did have servers in USA. The first article it says "Going after Megaupload, one of the most popular sites in the world and one that uses a surprising amount of corporate bandwidth, might seem a strange choice. (As an example of its scale, Megaupload controlled 525 servers in Virginia alone and had another 630 in the Netherlands?and many more around the world.)"

Virginia=state in USA

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Its not the same site. They've copied the look of megaupload. Megaupload servers have been seized by the FBI. They aren't coming back.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thats so very sad.Many things have been downloaded by me from Megaupload....:(

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Some report has been done about the raid in Kim Dotcom's house: Campbell Live enters Kim Dotcom's Coatesville mansion - Campbell Live - Video - 3 News

I got the video from this article: http://torrentfreak.com/elite-anti-terror-police-went-after-megauploads-kim-dotcom-120207/

It's worth watching. I am surprised about the manner of violence that was used. Also Kim Dotcom has a very big house. He probably bought that in that state.

Here is the New Zealand police's response: Police defend actions during Dotcom raid - Campbell Live - Video - 3 News

Users who are viewing this thread