Welcoming the new Community Manager for Mindstorm Studios

I will consider buying this game if I get a disk. I constantly have to reformat my laptop for work and I am not keen on downloading the game/steam every month.

I will consider buying this game if I get a disk. I constantly have to reformat my laptop for work and I am not keen on downloading the game/steam every month.

As I also have a laptop I am wondering what your graphics card is like. Does it enable you to play Ashes 2009? (Slightly off-topic I know but.....)

As I also have a laptop I am wondering what your graphics card is like. Does it enable you to play Ashes 2009? (Slightly off-topic I know but.....)

I can play Ashes 09 in a small window 800x600 very slow frame rate but I have played countless innings! It can run EA 07 on medium settings. It is some onboard graphics card but has 1 gb of memory allocated to it, the lap top has 4 gbs of memory and intel duel core

not computer wise but if you need to know anything else just tell me how to look it up

I can play Ashes 09 in a small window 800x600 very slow frame rate but I have played countless innings! It can run EA 07 on medium settings. It is some onboard graphics card but has 1 gb of memory allocated to it, the lap top has 4 gbs of memory and intel duel core

not computer wise but if you need to know anything else just tell me how to look it up

If you type in "dxdiag" in the run box or search box if using Vista you should get an overview of your chip and card in the "Display" tab. Cheers.

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_30CD103C&REV_0C
Display Memory: 358 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 358 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1329 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/13/2007 10:23:46, 2498560 bytes

Whatever the bloody hell that means

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_30CD103C&REV_0C
Display Memory: 358 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 358 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1329 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/13/2007 10:23:46, 2498560 bytes

Whatever the bloody hell that means

As far as I understand , which guarantuees sod-all unfortunately, the clue is the dedicated memory part. You have assigned memory form the computers basic RAM but none on the card itsself. This generally means that the card is forever borrowing from system resources to keep up. I am more fortunate that where as my card borrows from the RAM it also has 250 MB designated memory which only the card can and does use, borrowing from RAM when neccessary. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. The good thing is that I should be able to run the game quite okay if you are able to. Are you planning on getting the PC version or a console version? (Realising that this is getting more and more off-topic so I'll just say Hi to the new community manager again as way of justification of this post: Hi and welcome!:D;))

If you are asking about AC09 I am getting it on ps3, no way it will be fun the way it runs on my laptop.

As far as I know this game is only on PC so I have no other option. I would rather buy it for a console tbh

Hi,

Will it support Xbox 360 controller or any other controller?
Ashes 09 is fun with a 360 controller, will be nice if you can add the support for it, in CR.

Will it support wide-screens as well, 16:9/16:10?

Last edited:
Welcome Rafey and thanks for taking your time to answer the questions. If the games lives up to what it declares of itself on the website it is sure to be a great success and you can count on my support and hard earned dosh (well I dont work tha hard for it if truth be known, but still:D) Would you be able to elaborate a bit more on whether this purely meant as a multiplayer experience or is their a satisifying offline game as well?

Thanks for your time,

Dutchad
We have spent a lot of time on the single-player aspect of the game, and like in most other games (not necessarily just cricket games) you will certainly enjoy playing against the AI. However, a professional will easily be able to overcome the AI in terms of strategy.

It just happens to be the case that the multi-player aspect is a lot more fun since there is so much depth in the game. Add to that the community features we have in place which make the online multi-player experience even better.

mofo666 said:
Hi,

Will it support Xbox 360 controller or any other controller?
Ashes 09 is fun with a 360 controller, will be nice if you can add the support for it, in CR.

Will it support wide-screens as well, 16:9/16:10?
1)Currently, it does not support any controllers.

2)The game supports both the above mentioned resolutions.

This looks promising. To be honest, during the phase of silence, I wondered why the game developers/team went in after such a promising start - Cricket Life and Cricket Revolution. Then the game's name was almost forgotten in me. After Ashes Cricket 09 reviews, my focus completely shifted.

Now, after spending time to read the latest updates including the player guide, I am excited about this game. :banana2 It will be a complete cricket game if the said features are implemented.

I wanted to know a couple of things,

1) After you have said that development has been completed, is this CR project under testing? I did see the beta testers column in the website, but my concern is, the scope of testing. Exhaustive testing is required because the features mentioned are vast and it's a complete cricket.

Eg : Like you have mentioned, one team getting the other team all out of 11, irrespective of the skill set, the testing wouldn't have covered all the positives and negatives. So, is the complete In and Out of CR tested?

2) Are any magical deliveries present? I remember seeing in one of the videos like, the ball was traveling like 160 Kmph where batsman had no clue of whatsoever is coming.

And ya, by the way, warm welcome and thanks for the time for

a) answering the questions to our community members. It's always good to see developers being open with the end users.

b) bringing back the game ALIVE again. The features mentioned are simply great.

I recommend everyone reads the player guide, for everyone sitting on the fence about whether to buy it or not the player guide will change your mind.

I wanted to know a couple of things,

1) After you have said that development has been completed, is this CR project under testing? I did see the beta testers column in the website, but my concern is, the scope of testing. Exhaustive testing is required because the features mentioned are vast and it's a complete cricket.

Eg : Like you have mentioned, one team getting the other team all out of 11, irrespective of the skill set, the testing wouldn't have covered all the positives and negatives. So, is the complete In and Out of CR tested?

2) Are any magical deliveries present? I remember seeing in one of the videos like, the ball was traveling like 160 Kmph where batsman had no clue of whatsoever is coming.

And ya, by the way, warm welcome and thanks for the time for

a) answering the questions to our community members. It's always good to see developers being open with the end users.

b) bringing back the game ALIVE again. The features mentioned are simply great.
1) CR has been under testing for a while now, and will continue being tested post-launch as well. You can view the changelog section on our forums for a list of changes that have been made so far during the testing phase. Furthermore, new patches will be released from time to time with extra features, balance changes and bug fixes.

2) For detailed info on special deliveries (as termed in CR), please see the bowling section in our player guide.

You're welcome by the way :)

Allrounder18 said:
How can be this bought in Karachi? Rainbow centre or any selected outlet from which we can get it?
Initially, you will only be able to buy the game online through steam. Updates on other distribution methods will be released in a few weeks.

Hi Rafey,

jst a quick question...Will there be stats tracking for offline play? total runs , avg, wickets fr each batsman n bowler?

Hi Rafey,

jst a quick question...Will there be stats tracking for offline play? total runs , avg, wickets fr each batsman n bowler?
Stats are stored only for ranked games played on Revolution Online.

Users who are viewing this thread