West Indian Premier League > It's Back !!! (Round 12 - Guyana v Jamaica)

Well it's only 6 Internationals so I don't think it would be 6 Domestic and 5 Internationals and 3 Internationals isn't enough.

And check the start of page 12 where Akash quoted CG's post asking that and he said 4 and he will post the rest of the details about the starting XI later.

Well Brendon McCullum has to play for me as he is my only keeper. Hauritz will definately play as he is the best and most probably Katich and Morkel will also play.

Let's have a look at a probable lineup.

1. Simon Katich
2. Brendon McCullum+

3. Travis Dowlin
4. Narsingh Deonarine^
5. Dwayne Bravo^
6. Ryan Hinds
7. Tamar Lambert
8. Nathan Hauritz^
9. Morne Morkel^

10. Sulieman Benn^
11. Tino Best/Jermaine Lawson^

It looks fairly good. The best West Indian spinner and the best spinner in the world.... with Bravo to bowl his medium pacers and Morkel and Best/Lawson to open the bowling.

Last edited:
Well Brendon McCullum has to play for me as he is my only keeper. Hauritz will definately play as he is the best and most probably Katich and Morkel will also play.

Yeah,sure:sarcasm

bcvstheworld added 5 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

This is how my playing xi will look:

William Perkins (wk)
Lendl Simmons
Ross Taylor
Jean Paul Duminy
Darren Bravo
Dwayne Smith ^
Brett Lee ^
Navin Stewart ^
Shane Bond ^
Pedro Collins ^
Dave Mohammad ^

It doesn't look a very strong side but you did sign some good International players but I guess you didn't have many players when you took over and all the good players were taken.

This would be my probable lineup:

1. Daren Ganga
2. Tilakaratne Dilshan ^
3. Marlon Samuels
4. Shiv Chanderpaul
5. Montcin Hodge
6. Shakib Al Hasan ^
7. Denesh Ramdin +
8. Mitchell Johnson ^
9. Dale Steyn ^
10. Amit Juggernauth ^
11. Deighton Butler ^

My Team:

Devon Smith
Wavell Hinds
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Yuvraj Singh (^)
Mike Hussey

Brendan Nash (^)
Sherwin Ganga (^)
Fidel Edwards (^)
Gavin Tonge (^)
Kyle Mills (^)
Lionel Baker (^)

The batting looks rock solid with Dhoni, Yuvi and Hussey there. Hinds, Smith and Nash are pretty decent WI players too. The bowling dept. is led by Mills and Edwards. Baker and Tonge are highly rated future prospects for the Windies future. Handful of allrounders in Ganga, Negamatoo and Collingwood.

Your thoughts?

I Don't really no much about some of my WI's players, and will have to cricinfo where they bat...
My possible line-up is:

Kamran Akmal (wk)
Sachin Tendulkar

Floyd Reifer
Runako Morton
Shawn Findlay
Jacob Oram (^)
Daniel Vettori (c) (^)

Darren Sammy (^)
Jerome Taylor (^)
Nikita Miller (^)
Mervyn Dillon (^)

I got the best INT spinner, the 4th best keeper, 1st/2nd best batsman, and probably the 3rd/4th best all-rounder.

In terms of WI players, I have the best pace bowler, arguably 4th best OD batsman, 2nd/3rd best AR, and 1st/2nd best spinner.

I got a solid batting line-up, w/o being amazing, and probably one of the strongest bowling attacks. All of my players in that XI have INT experience.

You have the second best International spinner. Hauritz is the best.

You have the best WI pace bowler, you have a good WI OD batsman (not comparing to other players) and the third best WI all-rounder and 2nd best spinner.

I think you have the strongest bowling lineup with Vettori and Miller as your spinners and then Jerome Taylor and Darren Sammy to be destructive.

@ BKB, you're bowling is very strong with Edwards, Tonge, Mills and Baker. You're batting is also good, especially your Internationals even though I don't rate Yuvraj at all and you have some alright WI batsman.

You have the second best International spinner. Hauritz is the best.

Lol, everyone knows Dan's the best, and always will be... :laugh

You have the best WI pace bowler, you have a good WI OD batsman (not comparing to other players) and the third best WI all-rounder and 2nd best spinner.

It's hard to compare Pollard and Sammy as AR's, as Pollard is more of a batsman, while Sammy is more of a bowler.
There stats are pretty even, but I'd have to agree Benn is just ahead.

I would class Pollard closer to a pure all-rounder than Sammy though. Pollard averages 18 in List A cricket with the ball.

Okay guys, I thought before posting the playing eleven details, I should differentiate the spinners and spinning ARs in the first post. So, players with grey ball are spinners and players with a bat and a grey ball are spinning ARs. (It is being updated so please be patient)

By the way, what has happened to OffCutters?

Users who are viewing this thread