West Indies (70's-80's) vs Australia (2000's)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only biased, but just plain ludicrous, we'll be getting Khalek and Irrotev coming in next claiming that Bangladesh and New Zealand on form would give the great West Indies side a run for their money ;)

Well if what I've heard and learnt about the legendary WI team at that time is true, they would completely destroy the Aussie lineup. Ponting would be sent home to find his switz the moment he walks on the pitch. Gilli if he was in the team would have been the only person to score some runs. Everyone else would just fall apart.

On the other hand if this was against India, I would say it would be a very close match. We might win IF The Wall was at his best form he has ever been in. If god (Sachin) was playing. Ganguly was what he was in the old days (well in cricket, "first their is god, then ganguly"- Mark Taylor) VVS was in the form he is when he versus Australia. Sehwag must open. Dhoni has to captain, Kumble has to be in the team as well because he just seems to get the wickets.Our Bowling attack must be L.Balaji and J.Srinath opening. Then I.Sharma to follow, Kumble in next. Now that would be one legendary team :hpraise

Lol I just realized how biased that view is, anyway...
The fact that you'd say Gilly would be the only batsman who would make runs shows how little you know about Australian Cricket. We've had many better batsman then a renound mid-lower order slogger and considering that Hayden has constantly belted your attack to all parts aswell.

Already forgotten how easy it was for McGrath to dismiss Tendulkar?

India being brought into this discussion is absolutely stupid...

India isn't even on the same wave length as the mighty 80 Windies or the thousand's Aussies.

It would be close man, Richards vs Warne would of been magical.

One can only wonder what would of happened. I can only smoke my gunja and fantasize about such a match up.

My tip goes to the Australians.

The fact that you'd say Gilly would be the only batsman who would make runs shows how little you know about Australian Cricket. We've had many better batsman then a renound mid-lower order slogger and considering that Hayden has constantly belted your attack to all parts aswell.

Already forgotten how easy it was for McGrath to dismiss Tendulkar?

Have you forgotten how many times tendulkar has scored century agianst australia,have you forgotten laxman have you forgotten your so called
great spinner got hammered by us,have you forgotten your captain
can't play spin hahhaha drink some milk kid it will boost your memory :p

hayden belted us when we did not have a good pace attack and forgetten how he was bamboozled in the c.b series

read my sig ben

Tendulkar used to own McGrath and the Australian attack before McGrath got him out a few times...:rolleyes:

Have you forgotten how many times tendulkar has scored century agianst australia,have you forgotten laxman have you forgotten your so called
great spinner got hammered by us,have you forgotten your captain
can't play spin hahhaha drink some milk kid it will boost your memory :p

hayden belted us when we did not have a good pace attack and forgetten how he was bamboozled in the c.b series

read my sig ben
He only ever scored 1 century against Australia when McGrath was playing and McGrath would consistantly get him out. Infact, Tendulkar was not only McGrath's bunny but Jason Gillespie's aswell.

Hayden got bamboozled? If I remember rightly, I remember him carting Ishant Sharma all over the park in the Test series and the ODI series.

If Hayden's scared of Ishant then why did he challenge Ishant to a boxing match and Ishant declined?

I would say Australia because cricket has become far more competitive now than it was then. More matches are played now, pressure and expectations are more, and the Australian record both at home and while traveling is commendable.

And looking at the country's infrastructure and ability to replace outgoing quality with equal or even better quality next generation players, one probably has to think will this dominance ever end.

It is stupid to even consider India, who are very inconsistent. I dont think they have dominated cricket for even one full year whereas the West Indies and Australian side being mentioned have done it for a mighty long time.

He only ever scored 1 century against Australia when McGrath was playing and McGrath would consistantly get him out. Infact, Tendulkar was not only McGrath's bunny but Jason Gillespie's aswell.

Hayden got bamboozled? If I remember rightly, I remember him carting Ishant Sharma all over the park in the Test series and the ODI series.

If Hayden's scared of Ishant then why did he challenge Ishant to a boxing match and Ishant declined?

hahhahaha what a joke

sachin averages 56 against australia

ifyou are saying after scoring a 100 if a bowler takes him he is his bunny

then hayden is bhajji's bunny

were you asleep hayden carting ishant?

did you watch how hayden wcould not score a run in the odi series
got o youtube and search ishant you will get your answer:p

bozing match hahahha hayden was so scare dhe wanted a boxing match:D

hahhahaha what a joke

sachin averages 56 against australia

ifyou are saying after scoring a 100 if a bowler takes him he is his bunny

then hayden is bhajji's bunny

were you asleep hayden carting ishant?

did you watch how hayden wcould not score a run in the odi series
got o youtube and search ishant you will get your answer:p

bozing match hahahha hayden was so scare dhe wanted a boxing match:D
LMFAO!!!

Hayden averages over 60 in Tests against India and over 50 in ODI's against India. I don't think any Indian bowler is his bunny.

Sachin is McGrath's bunny because no other bowler has gotten him out as much as McGrath or Gillespie have and that all of his success against Australia has come when McGrath hasn't been playing.

Hayden destroyed him in the Sydney Test Match, hit him for like 4 boundaries in an over and he made a 100 in every Test Match that was played between India and Australia.

Hayden couldn't score a run in the ODI series? LOL! The last 2 games he played against India, he scored convincing half-centuries with ease.

Seriously, wake up to yourself. Hayden was doing 'Tonk-A-Curry' commercials all the way through the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a good debate while it lasted though, but not much more to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread