What are you going to do during Christmass

I

indyan

I am a hindu and Christmass is actually just another holiday for us.But there are a lot of christians in this forum.I just wanted to know how you guys spend the day.Do you really do things like cooking turkey at home.Andrew how do you spend the day.

I'm not a Christian by the way.....

But then Christmas is actually a hodge podge of various non-religious festivals, most of them pre-dating the birth of Jesus.

I'll be doing the traditional Christmas things like stuffing myself with lots of food, drinking lots of booze and watching lots of TV.

And yes, the food will include turkey.

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Dec 22 2003, 06:43 PM
I'm not a Christian by the way.....
Sorry.or that Andrew but it's your name that led me to preassume that.What is your religion?
Any one of you interested may download a really cool screensaver based on christmass.It's the best that I have seen.Don't forget to check out other useless stuffs on the site as well.Here is the link:-
A Very 3d Christmass Screensaver :thumbs:

Originally posted by indyan@Dec 22 2003, 01:43 PM
Sorry.or that Andrew but it's your name that led me to preassume that.What is your religion?
Don't see how a name can give a clue about someone's religion. I knew a Hindu at University called Andrew!

Anyway, I'm an Agnostic.

well...i assumed..i live in a christain majority country...but some times i am not sure abot hindus but i know muslims that change their names slightly...like my cousin name is Junaid...but he is called Johnny, or Sameer changes his name to Sam....so it can be confusing...

but what will i be doing for christmas...i will be watching india vs australia 3rd test B)

i will just go for a picnic with my family.............

My step-grandmother is a Christian (she's English actually), which is why I sort of celebrate Christmas (not as a religious holiday though, only as a time for giving and enjoying time with friends)...I usually get together with my friends (who are Christians), and we usually have some sort of Christmas get-together of some sort...makes the holidays fun :D :D

i go over to my cousins place(they have a swimming pool which is awesome for hot days)put some snags on the barbie and swim play tennis and just generally have fun.we go away the next day to visit friends then i would usually go to the second day of the boxing day test,but instead i'm going to see the lord of the rings return of the king.and hen i'll go to the third day of the test.how awesome is that.everybody in our family doesn't take it as a religious holiday.my family is mostly ahh i can't remember whaat it's called,people who don't beleive in god.

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Dec 22 2003, 11:13 PM
like stuffing myself with lots of food, drinking lots of booze
me too :lol:

BTW im not Christian either

yeha i get to see ind vs aus B)

i hope aus win because t sets up a exciting series finale

Also Indyan...when u say merry christmas to all forum members...um who else comes to this forum besides forum members :lol:

Merry Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread