What are you listening to now?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Love Holloway. Instantly makes me want to see Blackpool do well and he seems to be doing very well as things stand.

Manly

Thor
Loves a transcript:
You know at the end of the day, I've..I've got big problems with the people who are running football.. And I'm not a big enough person for them to even bother listening to me.
But I know the reasons I think the g..the game's in trouble, and, and you cannot have a Bosman ruling, that they've got at the moment...
*sniffs* That is th..the be-all and the en... the start of it and the end of it all.
Because for me Man United have helped Wayne Rooney's...career, massively, on and off the field.. The manager, the Club itself has invested in him, they bought him for..masses of amount of money as a young man. And they..they are helping him blossom into the player that he is.
Erm, and I will say he is one of the best centre forwards in..in the world.
If my car went over a certain age and I've bought it off a garage, I wouldn't expect that garage to be able to come and take it back off of my drive for nothing.. Because I still own it. I have Proof of Ownership.
Just 'cause you're 24... what on earth has that got to do with it? You know, it's just ludicrous; and they have the power to change this straight away.
What if he sits there for 18 months? Throws tantrums, don't try, don't play. And someone's already said to him, "we'll take you and we'll pay you some of that money that we shoulda paid Man United cos you can walk out on a free."
What are we actually saying... as human beings? Is that right? Do you wanna sign a person like that? Do you wanna play for a club that says that to you? How do we know it hasn't happened?
And the game is spoiling that. The game is wrong, the people in charge of the game are wrong. And I'm not calling them names, I'm just telling them they're wrong. They are SO wrong this is frightening. If Alex Ferguson is being bullied by a player and his agent, or whatever how you wanna call it.. how wrong is the game? Yeah? And when are you gonna listen.. to the people who are involved in the game.... Do you understand?
And they say about "Oh it's not fair on the player.."Rubbish! The player has had his wages, every week, guaranteed come rain or shine, whether he's injured or not.
They bought him, they work with him, he belongs to them... You know? You buy a house, you own the deeds, it's paid for if you're lucky enough to do that.. it's yours! What if it's..24 years you've had it for and then it can just.. toddle off and do what it likes. It's not right, is it? It's so obvious... It is so obvious it is so wrong. And you can't change.. the world should change if it's wrong.
And football should look at itself...it's wrong. FIFA, UEFA, whoever you are, you're WRONG! We had it right. Ask it..ask us how we were doing it, and that's what you should have copied with the Bosman rule.
Mr. Bosman was held back.. his contract ran out, they offered him half the money, yet they still asked..more money that another club was gonna pay for him. In our country, he'd'a walked out for nothing.
That's what they should've copied.
Some complete...person.. who isn't in the real world.. in our realm, said "If you're 24.. oh yeah, 24, you can go and be what you like, do what you like." WHO IS THIS PERSON?! HOW WRONG IS THAT?! Sort your life out.
That's all I'm saying, it might be a rant, it might be quite funny to watch it, but I feel passionately about this.
I'm looking at Alex Ferguson, I'm looking at him thinking 'What a magnificent manager, how can he handle this? How he feels about Man United... how proud he is, of Man United. Yet, Mr. Wayne Rooney can now, or his agent, can now manufacture a situation like this, that's what they're doing.
Managers fall out with players. If you don't want to play for that manager, don't sign a four-year contract, a two-year contract, a three.. Don't. Don't do it. That's your choice, but that's the commitment.
Man United paid thirty million quid for him... Absolute nonsense, in my opionion.
(Thank you Ian)
Cheers.
(Ian, have you got any injury worries?)
No, I'm fully fit thank you.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
when I went to see him my chair broke so they moved me to near the front, in the disabled section.

My mates used to rinse me about it being evidence I am definitely disabled - recent form has seen that change to me deliberately breaking the seat to get closer to the famously gay singer...

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It just depends on taste. Rihanna's a R&B singer and Enrique's a spanish style.

Users who are viewing this thread